Friday Genius Ten “Hope For No Obstacles On The Home Stretch” Edition
Ten songs from your MP3 collection. Leave ’em in comments. Either at random, or you can do what I’m doing, which is picking a song from my collection, hitting the Genius button, and seeing what I get.
Original song: “Get Off Your Ass And Jam” by Funkadelic. Selected after listening to the recent Sound Opinions where they analyzed the development of Psychedelic Soul.
1) “Just Kissed My Baby”—The Meters
2) “A Funky Space Reincarnation”—Marvin Gaye
3) “Freddie’s Dead”—Curtis Mayfield
4) “I’m Coming Home”—The Spinners
5) “Let My People Go”—Darondo
6) “Padlock”—Gwen Guthrie
7) “If I’m In Luck, I Might Get Picked Up”—Betty Davis
8) “Break Your Promise”—The Delfonics
9) “The Oogum Boogum Song”—Brenton Wood
10) “Super Stupid”—Funkadelic
Songs and cat pics below the fold.
“A Funky Space Reincarnation”:
It’s not all love all the time. This morning, Molly jumped up on an ottoman next to Marc, and as he started petting her, Dusty jumped on the couch, bit Molly, shoved her out of the way, and assumed Molly’s spot in reach of pets.