Friday Genius Ten “Hoping Without Much Hope” Edition
Today’s Genius Ten is about the theme of survival and recovery, which is something I know we are all hoping for when it comes to the Gulf of Mexico, even if prospects look bleak. This short song by Bikini Kill is just about that, with a fish reference to boot. Leave your lists in comments, or thoughts about whatever’s on your mind.
Original song: “Starfish” by Bikini Kill
1) “Die” by Bratmobile
2) “FYR” by Le Tigre
3) “Bruise Violet” by Babes in Toyland
4) “Bata Motel” by Crass
5) “Capricornications” by Mika Miko
6) “24,900 Miles Per Hour” by 7 Year Bitch
7) “Less Teeth, More Tits” by The Lunachicks
8) “Let’s Submerge” by The X-Ray Spex
9) “Be Good” by The Frumpies
10) “Fuel My Fire” by L7
Videos and cat pics below the fold. I have company this weekend, so posting is likely to be light.
I bought a basil plant to put on the fire escape, and Dusty was beside herself. We had to pull her out of the window a couple of times, she was so excited. What can I say? The cat loves plants.
Molly, in a self-satisfied nap.