Arrested man dies from eating cocaine hidden in brother’s butt
A South Carolina man died within an hour after eating cocaine that was hidden in his brother’s rectum, according to ABC4 News.
The two brothers, 23-year-old Deangelo Rashard Mitchell and 20-year-old Wayne Mitchell, were taken into custody on allegations they had drugs in their car. While in the back of the police car, the older brother convinced the younger brother to eat cocaine, which he had hidden in his rectum.
The in-car police video showed Deangelo pleading with his younger brother to eat the cocaine so that he could avoid a life-long prison sentence. His young brother eventually agreed, and died of a drug overdose shortly afterwards.
“It’s sickening,” North Charleston Police Chief Jon Zumalt told WCIV. “I got upset when I saw the thing. I was pretty shocked on it.”
Deangelo bonded out of jail on the drug charge on December 1, but police later decided to charge him with involuntary manslaughter and are currently looking for him.
Watch video, courtesy of ABC4, below: