Man has heart attack while eating ‘Triple Bypass Burger’
A restaurant called “The Heart Attack Grilled” finally earned its name on Saturday when a customer eating one of their Triple Bypass Burgers had a cardiac arrest.
“At the time of the incident I was performing bypass procedures on other patients,” restaurant owner Jon Basso told Raw Story. “My ‘head’ nurse informed me that one of our patients was having an actual heart attack.”
Basso comes to work dressed as a “doctor” and his waitresses wear sexy nurse costumes, but on this night they had to call in trained medical professionals.
“The paramedics were immediately contacted and to our grateful surprise were on the scene within minutes. With great professionalism they quickly ushered the man to a nearby Las Vegas hospital.”
Amateur video obtained by KVVU showed EMTs wheeling the man out of the restaurant.
The Heart Attack Grill prides itself on food that many would consider unhealthy. The Triple Bypass Burger has 1.5 pounds of beef and up to 15 slices of bacon. The Quadruple Bypass Burger has two pounds of beef and up to 20 slices of bacon. According to the menu, their French fries are cooked in “pure lard” and non-filtered cigarettes are available for purchase.
Meals can easily reach over 8,000 calories and customers over 350 pounds eat free.
“This restaurant is bad for your health,” reads a large sign on the door, but that hasn’t deterred the diners.
“It says right on the door, it’s hazardous to your health,” CJ Beeman pointed out to KVVU on Tuesday as he ate his burger.
Watch this video from KVVU, broadcast Feb. 14, 2012.