New Zealand man hospitalized after lighting fireworks in butt
A 23-year-old man in New Zealand suffered serious injuries on Saturday after he set off a firework between his buttocks.
“It appears a party was in full progress when a young male decided to place a firework between the cheeks of his bottom and light it,” Senior Sergeant Garry Smith told The New Zealand Herald.
“What must of seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits,” he added.
Despite his injuries, the man was able to take himself to the Royal Darwin Hospital. He is expected to receive special treatment for his burns.
The man told NT News he wanted to “put on a good show” for his friends after drinking a few beers.
“He screamed a little bit and there were a fair few f-words,” his friend commented.
[Sparkler via Shutterstock]