10 reasons Republican convention performer Beau Davidson is the worst
On Wednesday night of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, just after what should be a barn-burner of a speech by House Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (not really), little-known “Singer. Actor. Songwriter. Host.” Beau Davidson is scheduled to perform.
Who’s Beau Davidson you ask? Well, he was a session singer for CMT’s “The Singing Bee,” he’s an emcee on the pageant circuit and was one of Cosmo’s “hot bachelors” in 2009. He is also, put plainly, The Worst. Here’s why.
9. He tweets pictures of himself watching himself on TV at the gym.
8. He said, “A vast majority of girls under 30 do not know what comprises a quality man, because they lack the experience and maturity to gauge it.” Davidson just turned 31.
7. He doesn’t know he ruined Boyz II Men, and thinks he made it better.
6. His trenchant political commentary on House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is to say that she looks like a shark.
4. He thinks that the $350,000 fine Gibson guitars agreed in a settlement with the Justice Department to pay for knowingly illegally trafficking in protected tree species from Madagascar and India is “disgusting.”
3. He believes the “anti-colonial dreams” of Obama’s father, whose immediate family and generations of ancestors were negatively impacted by British colonialism, are bad.
2. He “jokingly” offered to star in his own version of “The Bachelor” — called “The Beauchelor,” of course — where he would “select among 20 lucky ‘Occupy Wall St’ ladies.”
1. While the television outlet of your choosing cuts to commercial after McConnell’s speech, those of us at the convention will probably be listening to this song and longing for the sweet relief of advertising jingles.
[Image via Beau Davidson on Twitter.]