German tourism company resumes trips to Egypt
German tourism giant TUI said Wednesday it is resuming trips to destinations on the Red Sea in Egypt, which had been cancelled for more than a month due to violence in the country.
“The foreign ministry has modified its security advice and no longer advises against travelling to the Red Sea,” TUI said in a statement.
As a result, TUI said it had decided to resume with immediate effect its trips under the brand names TUI, 1-2-Fly, airtours and Discount Travel.
It was also examining whether to resume offering trips to Cairo, Luxor and cruises on the Nile, the statement said.
[Image via Agence France-Presse]