Beck to Palin: 'You are one hot grandma'
John Byrne and David Edwards
Published: Tuesday January 20, 2009


Print This  Email This
 

On his first day on Fox News Channel, conservative radio host Glenn Beck - who is no fan of political correctness - said out loud what probably a lot of American men on the left and right have been thinking the last few months.

Beck had on his program Gov. Sarah Palin, running mate for failed Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).

Noting that he was also the father of a special needs child, Beck said Palin had first come to his attention after the birth of her son, Trig, who was prenatally diagnosed with Down's Syndrome.

"I'm the dad of a special needs child, and we had something in common, and I called her up, because I just was moved by the way she reacted to the birth of her child," Beck said. "Her approval rating as governor at the time was about 90%. This is before the media circus, before all the political bull crap. Sarah Palin was just a mom of five, doing a job that needed to be done. She was my kind of leader. Governor Sarah Palin is joining us now from Alaska.

"Hi, governor," he quipped. "First, congratulations on being a grandma. You are one hot grandma."

Beck, in his second marriage, has four children.



Beck is no stranger to the "politically incorrect" sound bite. In 2006, Beck was quoted as saying on his radio show that he was "thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could."

Palin, for her part, brought another of her children, Willow, in the exchange.

"The wisdom of a child," she said, "my daughter willow, she was listening to the news the other day. They were talking about a promise that had been made on the campaign trail, that there would be 95% tax cut -- tax cut for 95% of Americans. My daughter willow said, 95% of Americans, right on, but what about the other 5%? I said, see, the other ones are the ones that have money and create jobs an wealth and own businesses. And she said why would they be punished for their success? I thought the wisdom of a child, that is common sense."

This video is from Fox's The Glenn Beck Program, broadcast Jan. 19, 2009.




Download video via RawReplay.com



 
 


ARCHIVES
EXCLUSIVES
ADVERTISE
FORUMS
CONTACT
GO AD FREE
DONATE
RSS
+MY YAHOO
TIPS