Quantcast

BBC: US Afghan attack phone footage

By David Edwards
Monday, September 8, 2008 7:19 EDT
google plus icon
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

BBC reported:

“US forces in Afghanistan are re-opening an investigation into an air attack in Herat province after new video evidence emerged suggesting scores of civilians died.”

“The video footage, possibly filmed on a mobile phone, is claimed to be of the aftermath of the attack, showing rows of dead bodies covered by blankets. ”

“The US military had previously said that only about seven civilians died in the air raid, while the Afghan government and the UN said up to 90 people were killed.”

This video is from BBC, broadcast September 8, 2008.

Download video

David Edwards
David Edwards
David Edwards has served as an editor at Raw Story since 2006. His work can also be found at Crooks & Liars, and he's also been published at The BRAD BLOG. He came to Raw Story after working as a network manager for the state of North Carolina and as as engineer developing enterprise resource planning software. Follow him on Twitter at @DavidEdwards.
 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+