I cannot bring myself to watch Glenn Beck, particularly since he has been unleashed in all his paranoid, weeping, untethered-from-reality glory on Faux News, but Stephen Colbert managed to catch the rant-fest host’s reveal of his “9-12 Project to save the nation.”
“My Glenn Beck fantasy came true,” Colbert announced on Tuesday. “The fantasy where a hysterical Glenn Beck tells his audience of desperate shut-ins through tears and spittle that vague unnamed enemies have failed them and that it’s time to take angry action.”
“Are you ready to be that person that you were that day after 9/11?” Beck tearfully asked his audience.
Colbert helpfully explained that Beck is attempting to get us to move “beyond the fear we felt on 9/11 to the compassion we felt on 9/12. And hopefully, we’ll all eventually get to the way Glenn felt on 9/9 of 2005.”
On that date, Beck said, “You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families. … When I see a 9/11 victim family on television of whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh, shut up!’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.”
Bonus points for the appearance of Chuck Norris!
You have to read some of the comments from Glenn’s army of fans… I think Beck’s self-proclaimed “think tank” has become a home-away-from-home for the Freeper set and fans of Joe the Horny Plumber.
Glenn Beck’s Personal Freepi
Im going to my first tea party, Im sending letters to my represenatives, and I hope this works. Glen suggested we send letters of apology the British embassy when the president gave the p.m. dvd’s. And the British embassy sent a letter of thanks to Glen. So I believe it will. This being a government by and for the people, what do we do if the elected officials who work for us don’t listen or act? How far are we as American’s willing to push the legal envelope of our 1st Amendment right to peaceably assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances? A Tea Party in Washington DC I believe is going to happen. What does it take to pull off something this big, and I know permits, and money are some of the things that need to go into it. How about a Dolittle style raid. Anybody interested in an unofficial bike rally on DC? Just show up, drive around a little, take in a meuseum (sp?), go to lunch, pass out copies of the principles and values (if legal to pass out literature). A little on the fantasy side, but possible. What do you think?
You money? If you look at the cash in your pocket it says Federal Reserve Note on the top. Now the Federal Reserve Bank is a PRIVATE BANK. The truth is the moneys not your just ask the I.R.S.
INFO ABOUT THE I.R.S.
the question has been asked:
so what happens when the president decimates the Constitution and becomes the domestic enemy? it comes down to the question of what is our moral duty as Americans. The vision of America has never been the sole responsibility of our government. This is not, and hopefully will not ever become, a totalitarian state where the government has absolute control over the actions of it’s citizens. Although to some degree diluted by the actions of our representative government over the past century or so, our right to self-government carries with it our responsibility to manage such government so that it’s actions represent our ideals, ethics, morals and aspirations as Americans. The day we abdicate that responsibility by indifference or inaction, we assume responsibility for the actions of our proxies, as malevolent as they may be.
as offensive as it may be, that we have only recently begun to recognize the agenda of tyranny exposed during this administration, is amusing to many victims of our foreign and economic policy abroad. As Glenn Beck alluded a few weeks back, whoever is orchestrating the financial collapse of this country sees the American people only as another market. Our excuse that we didn’t know what was really going will only go so far, as our tax dollars buy the arsenal “accidently” used against innocent civilians, while our foreign policy of supporting local henchmen or implementing sanctions sentences their populations to abject poverty and debilitating disease.
now before my words provoke a defensive reaction, let me be very clear – I am a PATRIOT. I served in our country’s military during the Vietnam era, have raised three children to be proud Americans, and have been a staunch Constitutional Conservative my entire life. I have always spoken and continue to speak with great pride about the many liberties and opportunities this country – unmatched anywhere else in the world – offered its citizens, legal residents and visitors alike. The fact that venues like this exist is a testimony to perhaps the most cherished of those liberties.
but as we are witnessing today, there are daily attacks on those Constitutional liberties, an erosion of our sovereignty as a nation, and if allowed to continue – our ability to govern ourselves democratically.
what does this all have to do with the 9/12 Project? Everything! The actors and motives behind everything we are opposing, and very reason that we want to preserve America as we hold it in our hearts, applies to everything our elected leaders are responsible for. They are the puppets we as a people put in Washington, and the puppeteers actions through them are not only affecting our lives, but are our unwitting and indirect actions on lives around the world.
Keep up the great work Glenn !!! You need to quit defending yourself when the radical left wing attacks you. They are afraid of you and your message thats why they attack. O’Reilly makes the left angry but you actually frighten them. They are afraid of your commen sense views and how it has struck a cord with many, many Americans. So, Keep up the great work !
Symbols of Fascist movements.
The fasces in the United States
The following cases all involve the adoption of the fasces as a visual image or icon; no actual physical re-introduction has occurred.
* In the Oval Office, above the door leading to the exterior walkway, and above the corresponding door on the opposite wall, which leads to the President’s private office. (Note: the fasces depicted have no axes, possibly because in the Roman Republic, the blade was always removed from the bundle whenever the fasces were carried inside the city, in order to symbolize the rights of citizens against arbitrary state power (see above).)
* The National Guard uses the fasces on the seal of the National Guard Bureau, and it appears in the insignia of Regular Army officers assigned to National Guard liaison and in the insignia and unit symbols of National Guard units themselves. For instance, the regimental crest of the U.S. 71st Infantry Regiment of the New York National Guard consisted of a gold fasces set on a blue background.
* The reverse of the United States “Mercury” dime (minted from 1916 to 1945) bears the design of a fasces and an olive branch.
* Two fasces appear on either side of the flag of the United States in the United States House of Representatives, representing the power of the House and the country.
* The Mace of the United States House of Representatives, designed to resemble fasces, consists of thirteen ebony rods bound together in the same fashion as the fasces, topped by a silver eagle on a globe.
* The official seal of the United States Senate has as one component a pair of crossed fasces.
* Fasces ring the base of the Statue of Freedom atop the United States Capitol building.
* A frieze on the facade of the United States Supreme Court building depicts the figure of a Roman centurion holding a fasces, to represent “order”.
* At the Lincoln Memorial, Lincoln’s seat of state bears the fasces—without axes—on the fronts of its arms. (Fasces also appear on the pylons flanking the main staircase leading into the memorial.)
* Four fasces flank the two bronze plaques on either side of the bust of Lincoln memorializing his Gettysburg Address at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
* The fasces appears on the state seal of Colorado, USA, beneath the “All-seeing eye” (or Eye of Providence) and above the mountains and mines.
* On the seal of the New York City borough of Brooklyn, a figure carries a fasces; the seal appears on the borough flag. Fasces can also be seen in the stone columns at Grand Army Plaza.
* Used as part of the Knights of Columbus emblem (designed in 1883).
* Many local police departments use the fasces as part of their badges and other symbols. For instance, the top border of the Los Angeles Police Department badge features a fasces. (1940)
* Commercially, a small fasces appeared at the top of one of the insignia of the Hupmobile car.
* A fasces appears on the statue of George Washington, made by Jean-Antoine Houdon which is now in the Virginia State Capital
* VAW-116, famous for their remake of pop songs, have a fasces on their unit insignia
* San Francisco’s Coit Tower has two fasces-like insignia (without the axe) carved above its entrance, flanking a Phoenix.
* The seal of the United States Courts Administrative Office