Quantcast

New Zealand man hospitalized after lighting fireworks in butt

By Eric W. Dolan
Monday, July 30, 2012 21:08 EDT
google plus icon
Sparkler via Shutterstock
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

A 23-year-old man in New Zealand suffered serious injuries on Saturday after he set off a firework between his buttocks.

“It appears a party was in full progress when a young male decided to place a firework between the cheeks of his bottom and light it,” Senior Sergeant Garry Smith told The New Zealand Herald.

“What must of seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits,” he added.

Despite his injuries, the man was able to take himself to the Royal Darwin Hospital. He is expected to receive special treatment for his burns.

The man told NT News he wanted to “put on a good show” for his friends after drinking a few beers.

“He screamed a little bit and there were a fair few f-words,” his friend commented.

[Sparkler via Shutterstock]

Eric W. Dolan
Eric W. Dolan
Eric W. Dolan has served as an editor for Raw Story since August 2010, and is based out of Sacramento, California. He grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and received a Bachelor of Science from Bradley University. Eric is also the publisher and editor of PsyPost. You can follow him on Twitter @ewdolan.
 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+