Quantcast

Mother sues after toddler swallows used condom at McDonald’s

By David Ferguson
Thursday, March 14, 2013 13:52 EDT
google plus icon
Condom and wrapper via Shutterstock
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

Forgive us if this story makes you feel a little McSick, but a Chicago woman is suing a McDonald’s restaurant after her toddler swallowed a used condom he found in the restaurant’s playground area. According to the New York Daily News, Anishi Spencer filed suit in Cook County Circuit Court against McDonald’s Company of Illinois on Wednesday asking $50,000 in damages from the restaurant chain, alleging that the staff “failed to properly clean hazardous debris from an area used by kids.”

Spencer took her two children to dinner at the restaurant located in the Gage Park neighborhood on February 4. Jonathan, then 3 and Jacquel, 2, went to play in the playground after their meal.

Later, Jacquel coughed up a piece of rubber. The mother rushed both boys to the hospital.

The suit also claims that the restaurant failed to maintain surveillance cameras to curtail “deviant activity” on the premises.

The company has yet to comment on the lawsuit.

[image via Shutterstock]

David Ferguson
David Ferguson
David Ferguson is an editor at Raw Story. He was previously writer and radio producer in Athens, Georgia, hosting two shows for Georgia Public Broadcasting and blogging at Firedoglake.com and elsewhere. He is currently working on a book.
 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+