Quantcast

‘White Student Union’ announces nighttime ‘patrols’ at Baltimore college

By Arturo Garcia
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:03 EDT
google plus icon
White Student Union leader Matthew Heimbach on RT

• Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

The whites-only college group that disrupted a conservative political conference earlier in March has announced plans to conduct “patrols” at Towson University in Baltimore.

Think Progress reported on Monday that the “White Student Union” intends to escort students making their way through campus at night. The club’s president, Matthew Heimbach — or “Commander Heimbach,” as he is called on the club’s blogtold the school newspaper, The Torchlight, that members will not be armed.

“We just want to make campus a better place,” Heimbach said. “If we see a white person commit a crime against a person who is not white, we’re going to assist the person who was attacked every time.”

However, according to a a Feb. 28 post on the WSU blog, “group funds will be used to purchase legal and nonlethal means of self defense for all members” and female members have been required to take self-defense courses. The club also accused local media of covering up a “Black crime wave” on campus.

“The virtue of white Christian womanhood is under attack at Towson University by degenerate criminals seeking to rob our women of their God given innocence,” the group said in the post. “Through armed thuggery the money of law abiding Towson students that is earned by the sweat of their brow is stolen and their lives threatened for simply walking down the street.”

The club, named by the Southern Poverty Law Center as one of 17 hate groups in the state of Maryland, also surfaced at a March 16 panel at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) when one of the organizers, Scott Terry, interrupted a panel dealing with “Frederick Douglass Republicans” and racism to tell the black moderator that “Blacks should be happy that the slave master gave them shelter, clothing, and food.”

Later, when Think Progress asked him if he would “accept a society where African-Americans were permanently subservient to whites,” Terry said, “I’d be fine with that.” Heimbach did not dispute that remark to the Towerlight, but said it was taken out of context.

“The main discussion was based on the fact that we as Republicans could be Booker T. Washington Republicans,” he said. “What that means is we can have different cultural values, but there’s no reason we need this multicultural society. As Republicans we can be united in traditional values, it doesn’t mean we need to force this political mindset on anyone.”

Night time “patrols” are also a strategy employed by members of the Greek Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn party, an organization Heimbach has cited as a role model.

[h/t RT.com]

Arturo Garcia
Arturo Garcia
Arturo R. García is the managing editor at Racialicious.com. He is based in San Diego, California and has written for both print and broadcast media, including contributions to GlobalComment.com, The Root and Comment Is Free. Follow him on Twitter at @ABoyNamedArt

By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.

Google+