The man who was vice president during the Sept. 11 attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people in 2001 says that last year’s attack in Benghazi was “one of the worst incidences, frankly, that I can recall in my career.”
In an interview on Fox News on Monday, former Vice President Dick Cheney accused President Barack Obama and his administration of lying about the attack in Benghazi and then staging a cover up to hide the lies.
“They lied,” Cheney said. “They claimed it was because of a demonstration video so that they wouldn’t have to admit it was really all about their incompetence.”
“I think it’s one of the worst incidents, frankly, that I can recall in my career,” he insisted. “If they told the truth about Benghazi, that it was a terrorist attack by an Al-Qaeda-led group, it would destroy the confidence that was the basis of his campaign for reelection.”
“They were trying to perpetuate this fiction that there was no terrorist threat because they got bin Laden and that’s a lie.”
Watch this video from the Fox News’ Hannity, broadcast May 13, 2013.