White House Senior Adviser Dan Pfeiffer on Sunday told Fox News host Chris Wallace that it was “offensive” to suggest that President Barack Obama had allowed last year’s attacks in Benghazi that killed four Americans.
In an interview with Pfeiffer on Fox News Sunday, Wallace explained that there were “lingering questions” about where the president was and what he was doing on Sept. 11, 2012 when the attacks happened.
Pfeiffer pointed out that Republicans had been spinning a “series of conspiracy theories,” but the president had been updated about the attacks throughout the night by his national security team.
“Was he in the [White House] Situation Room?” Wallace pressed. “Do you not know?”
“I don’t remember what room the president was in,” Pfeiffer replied. “And that’s a largely irrelevant fact. The premise of your question is that there is something that could have been done differently, okay, that would have changed the outcome here. The accountability review board has looked at this, people have looked at it, it’s a horrible tragedy what happened. What we have to do is make sure it doesn’t happen again.”
“No one knows where he was or how he was involved or who told him there were know forces,” the Fox News host insisted.
“The suggestion of your question is that somehow the president allowed this to happen,” Pfeiffer observed. “The assertions from Republicans here that somehow the president allowed this to happened or didn’t take action is offensive. It is absolutely offensive. And there’s no evidence to support it.”
Watch this video from Fox News’ Fox News Sunday, broadcast May 19, 2013.