Quantcast

Roger Ailes won’t deny rumor that Sean Hannity is losing his 9 pm slot

By Eric W. Dolan
Thursday, August 8, 2013 20:54 EDT
google plus icon
rogerailesfox-afp
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

Fox News host Megyn Kelly could bump her colleague Sean Hannity from his 9 p.m. time slot.

During a 21st Century Fox investors conference in Los Angeles this afternoon, Ailes refused to confirm or deny rumors that Kelly was going to be moving from daytime to primetime.

“Generally, I don’t confirm or deny any rumors, and that is a rumor at the moment,” Ailes said, according to Media Bistro. “Hannity is a brand that many of our viewers love and want to see, and, as you know, is one of the nicest guys in the building.”

The rumor was started by The Drudge Report. Citing “top sources,” the conservative news aggregator said Kelly had landed the coveted 9 p.m. slot.

Where Hannity goes if Kelly takes over at 9 p.m. is unknown, but he is definitely staying at Fox News.

“As previously stated, the network has signed long-term deals with Megyn Kelly, Bret Baier, Shepard Smith, Bill O’Reillly, Sean Hannity and Greta Van Susteren,” Fox News said in a statement.

Eric W. Dolan
Eric W. Dolan
Eric W. Dolan has served as an editor for Raw Story since August 2010, and is based out of Sacramento, California. He grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and received a Bachelor of Science from Bradley University. Eric is also the publisher and editor of PsyPost. You can follow him on Twitter @ewdolan.
 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+