Quantcast

Report: George Zimmerman left behind bullet-riddled target for wife to find

By Travis Gettys
Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:43 EDT
google plus icon
George Zimmerman (Fox News/ screen grab)
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

The estranged wife of George Zimmerman says the volunteer neighborhood watchman acquitted in the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager left behind a chilling threat after she asked him to move out of their home, according to a report.

Police said last week that Zimmerman would not be charged in connection with a domestic dispute with his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last month, or in connection with a dispute over some furniture and other items her parents said their son-in-law took from them.

But a source told Radar Online that Shellie Zimmerman took a photograph of something her soon-to-be-ex-husband left behind as an apparent threat to her.

The source said George Zimmerman had been the last person inside the couple’s home, where Shellie Zimmerman found a used marksman target riddled with 17 bullet holes nailed to a wall inside the home.

Shellie Zimmerman told police that her husband had made threatening remarks toward her about having a gun about a week after she filed for divorce.

She also said her estranged husband had punched her father in the nose and smashed her iPad in the Sept. 9 incident at a Lake Mary, Florida, home owned by Shellie Zimmerman’s parents.

Her parents said George Zimmerman later removed a flat-screen television and some furniture without permission from the home the couple rented from them.

The target was apparently nailed to the wall while Shellie Zimmerman was in New York City to make an appearance on the “Today Show” and said she’d developed doubts about her husband’s innocence in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

The source told Radar Online the target was tacked to the wall in the couple’s home office, between the garage and the kitchen, and where the domestic incident had taken place.

George Zimmerman was acquitted July 13 of both charges in the fatal 2012 shooting of the 17-year-old Martin in a case that drew international attention after local authorities questioned but did not initially charge the volunteer neighborhood watchman.

 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+