You may remember CBS correspondent Lara Logan who recently took a leave of absence from 60 Minutes after spending A WHOLE YEAR working on a story about this guy who said his best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this girl who’s going with the guy who
saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors was at Benghazi! last year. I guess it was pretty serious. But then it turned out that the guy really hadn’t been there in Benghazi! going all Rambo on Muslim ass like he told everyone else who wasn’t Lara Logan, so …. whoopise:
In the “60 Minutes” interview, Davies described scaling the compound’s 12-foot wall during the attack and knocking one terrorist fighter to the ground with the butt of his rifle. He also spoke about seeing Stevens dead in the hospital, and said Stevens had expressed security concerns just hours before the attack.
But The Post obtained an incident report from Sept. 14, 2012, that revealed Davies provided his employer with a written account of the events that differed greatly from what he said on “60 Minutes” and in the memoir.
Davies told his employer, British-based contractor Blue Mountain, that he was at his beachside villa the night of the attack. He wrote that he tried to reach the compound but “could not get anywhere near” it because of roadblocks. And rather than finding Stevens in the hospital, Davies described learning of his death from “a Libyan colleague who had been at the hospital [and] came to the villa to show him a cellphone picture of the ambassador’s blackened corpse.”
Of course there were warning signs about Davies, like how Fox News, which has given money to Dick Morris and Sarah Palin fercryinoutloud, told him “Nah, you seem kind of shady and bullshitty. We’ll pass.”
Adding to questions about Davies’ credibility, Fox News correspondent Adam Housley said on air last week that he had spoken a “number of times” to Davies, but stopped “when he asked for money.” (Housley referred HuffPost’s questions about his interaction with Davies to a Fox News spokeswoman, who did not respond.)
But CBS was cool with Davies because a division of their book publishing wing was publishing his book, so in for a dime, in for a dollar and they handed this very important story to Lara Logan who has a well known bias against the people whom Davies was remote fighting on his Xbox (Call Of Duty: Buckaroo Beachfront Benghazi!) and she committed bad reporting so CBS gave her a timeout until shit blew over, but now she’s coming back, so all better now:
Lara Logan and Max McClellan, the ’60 Minutes’ journalists who were put on a leave of absence following their now-retracted report on Benghazi, are set to return to the program early next year, POLITICO has learned.
Logan and her producer, who had unfinished projects in the works when they left in November, have started booking camera crews for news packages, network sources said. Their return could come as early as next month.
Kevin Tedesco, the spokesperson for “60 Minutes,” said a specific return date had not been scheduled.
“Lara Logan’s return has not been scheduled,” he wrote in a statement. “Beyond that, we do not comment on speculation.”
No. They take speculation and repackage it and massage it for stories that end up on 60 Minutes and then those stories fold like a cheap lawn chair when real journalists give them more than a cursory look.
Having said that, we look forward to whatever journalistic standards CBS has put in place to assure that Lara Logan gets it right next time; standards which undoubtedly fall somewhere in that gray area between “pinky swear” and “pics or it didn’t happen”…