Fireworks blamed in Texas fire that torched hundreds of porta-potties

By David Ferguson
Wednesday, January 1, 2014 11:42 EDT
google plus icon
Firefighters at scene via Shutterstock
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

Fireworks are being blamed for an industrial fire in San Antonio, Texas at United Site Services, a rental business for portable toilets. According to MySanAntonio.com, the fire began around 10:30 p.m. and burned about 300 of the company’s units.

Firefighters responded to the scene from Bexar County, Converse, Texas and Gardendale.

San Antonio’s News Channel 4 reported that firefighters believe a stray firework lit a grass fire that spread to the United property. One person was injured and treated by paramedics, a firefighter who stepped on a nail.

Watch video about this story, embedded below:

[image of firefighters at scene of fire via Shutterstock.com]

David Ferguson
David Ferguson
David Ferguson is an editor at Raw Story. He was previously writer and radio producer in Athens, Georgia, hosting two shows for Georgia Public Broadcasting and blogging at Firedoglake.com and elsewhere. He is currently working on a book.
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.