Quantcast

George Zimmerman says angry Florida mob chased him out of Miami

By David Ferguson
Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:51 EDT
google plus icon
George Zimmerman via screencap
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

George Zimmerman’s recent press junket to Miami, FL was reportedly aborted after he received death threats from an angry mob on a public beach and was informed that there is a bounty on his head.

The Miami Sun-Sentinel reported on a TMZ article detailing Zimmerman’s visit to Miami last week for a spate of interviews with Univision and CNN.

Sources told TMZ that Zimmerman and his girlfriend checked into their hotel and went to the beach, where beach-goers allegedly threatened the trio and informed Zimmerman that there is a $10,000 bounty on his life.

Shaken, the group reportedly returned to their hotel and demanded that security perform a full sweep of their rooms. They then requested 24-hour protection until they left the city the next morning, once Zimmerman had taped his interview with CNN.

Zimmerman was acquitted of murder in July for the shooting death of teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012. Since then, the former neighborhood watch volunteer has had repeated brushes with the law in domestic squabbles and traffic violations.

He has claimed in recent interviews that he has no permanent address and that he is suffering from PTSD since the shooting, which left unarmed, 17-year-old Martin dead of a gunshot wound to the chest.

Watch video about this story, embedded below:

David Ferguson
David Ferguson
David Ferguson is an editor at Raw Story. He was previously writer and radio producer in Athens, Georgia, hosting two shows for Georgia Public Broadcasting and blogging at Firedoglake.com and elsewhere. He is currently working on a book.
 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+