Quantcast

New York City man strangled his 8-year-old son to death: police

By Reuters
Monday, June 30, 2014 10:01 EDT
google plus icon
[Crime scene image via Shutterstock]
 
  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

NEW YORK (Reuters) – A New York City father was charged on Monday with the murder of his 8-year-old son who apparently had been strangled, police said.

The boy was found dead in their home in the city’s Queens borough on Sunday evening after police received a call reporting an emotionally disturbed person, representatives for the New York Police Department said.

The father, Boujeke Kenmoe, 41, was hospitalized with self-inflicted injuries and remained in stable condition, police said. He was charged with second-degree murder.

Police said the boy’s name was not being released until family could be notified. The boy’s mother was not present at the time of the killing, police added.

(Reporting by Ellen Wulfhorst; Editing by Susan Heavey)

[Crime scene image via Shutterstock]

Reuters
Reuters
Reuters.com brings you the latest news from around the world, covering breaking news in business, politics, technology, and more.
 
 
 
 
By commenting, you agree to our terms of service
and to abide by our commenting policy.
 
Google+