Quantcast
Home » Archives » Pandagon (Page 511)

This Is The Movement That Won The Presidency…Twice

By Jesse Taylor
Monday, July 7, 2008 21:56 EDT
 

Redstate really is easy pickings, Jesus. From the “Obama will pawn the silverware” files:

This guy will sell anything. So much for the new politics. Obama’s campaign is more motivated by money and fundraising than any campaign in recent memory. One wonders if this will continue into an Obama presidency.

Besides the fact that this is one of the most common campaign practices in memory, John McCain was selling rides on the Straight Talk Express through June 30th.

How did these people win two consecutive terms in office?

Such An Uncle Sam

By Jesse Taylor

I’m supposed to be shocked by the image in this post, according to David Brody. I’m more impressed that they even changed the skin color on the hand, myself. Let’s be clear here – anti-choicers are always going to paint every Democrat with even the slightest pro-choice inclinations as someone who will spend our resources on arming every doctor in the nation with forceps and pre-signed consent forms so that they can pounce on pregnancies…

 

Ken Hutcherson: Seattle government official is racist

By pams

Oh please. From the “news” organ of Don Wildmon’s American Family Association, a propaganda piece to shore up the tattered rep of Seattle-area homobigot Ken Hutcherson, who is a card-carrying member of the professional “Christian victim” set. You’ll recall that Hutcherson spoke at Mount Si High School’s MLK, Jr. Day…

 

Profiled by the MSM: article on my blogging in the N&O

By pams

My email and voicemail were full of reactions to today’s Raleigh News & Observer’s profile of me by Sadia Latifi, “Blogger gets respect: Durham resident writes on progressive issues.” It’s a good look at my blog, with quite a bit of personal background that people may not know about me…

 

They Can Sell A Mil Sayin’ Nothing On A Track

By Jesse Taylor

What a constant contingent of reporters trailing a presidential candidate gets you: It’s been one week since the Obama campaign agreed to a “protective pool” or “bodywatch” — allowing reporters to follow the Illinois Democrat, not only in his public moments, but his private moments of down time off the…

 

Being a patriot and not a nationalist

By Amanda Marcotte

Fun on the internets: Matt suggests that there’s something juvenile and narcissistic about conservative American patriotism, which extends beyond normal, human levels of sentimentality about home, and fierce defensiveness about it. Conservatives really have convinced themselves, he says, that America really is objectively special, and not just special to Americans.…

 

Mike Adams: Pretty Sure A Black Guy Did It

By Jesse Taylor

I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to be educated by a giant douchebag. Would the seeping vinegary smell permeating everything have had a Pavlovian effect on my education, allowing me to keep a small cache of Massengill in my desk drawer, each whiff bringing back a new…

 

The Patriotism Of The Encyclopedia

By Jesse Taylor

A guy who wrote a whole book about Colonel Bud Day, McCain’s anti-Clark attack dog, says that he wasn’t a member of the Swift Boaters. Said biographer is, of course, lying. The anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, which has spent more than $10 million trying to discredit Kerry’s…

 

OPEC president is a pastafarian

By auguste
Sunday, July 6, 2008 23:39 EDT

Hard to know how else to explain this claim: Khelil said the weak dollar and geopolitical worries are responsible for 60% of the rise in crude prices, but also said that “the intrusion of bioethanol on the market” was alone responsible for the other 40%. He didn’t explain why more…

 

Fairies, wishes, and cowboys

By Amanda Marcotte

I’m increasingly convinced all the time that Kathryn Jean Lopez is on the staff of the National Review because she affirms the owners and editors that they’re right to believe that women are mental children. Her ability to mix up politics with reading Teen Beat magazine is legendary, but this…

 
Google+