We’ve all heard of the birthers, who believe that President Obama wasn’t really born in Hawai’i and is thus ineligible for his office. And no one could’ve missed the fact that 17 percent of Americans believe that he’s actually a Muslim. But, in fact, there’s a whole host of conspiracies about the 44th President of the United States which at least some people believe are more likely true than the fact that an African-American man was elected to the highest office in the land by his fellow citizens.
So which are conspiracy theories promoted by anti-Obama fanatics and which are theories Raw Story staff just made up? You guess, and then we’ll reveal the answers below.
1. Obama is the Antichrist.
2. Obama is a reptile-human hybrid controlled by the Repto Sapiens.
3. Obama and actor Kal Penn were lovers.
4. Obama had a political enemy’s cats killed.
5. Obama likes getting blowjobs from male crackheads.
6. The college-age Obama was teleported to Mars to prepare the planet for human colonization.
7. Obama is a Manchurian candidate whose entire life was engineered to win him the Presidency for another power’s nefarious plans.
8. Obama was secretly married to a Pakistani man long before he met Michelle.
9. Obama had a friend murdered to protect his political career.
10. Obama is actually an alien who took human form and promoted some access to abortion in order to enslave Americans as part of an intergalactic war.
Highlight the text below with your mouse to see the answers, including links.
1. Actual theory about Obama.
2. Actual theory about Obama.
3. Actual theory about Obama.
4. No one’s (yet) accused Obama of this, but it is an actual theory about Hillary Clinton.
5. Actual theory about Obama.
6. Actual theory about Obama.
7. Actual theory about Obama.
8. Actual theory about Obama.
9. Actual theory about Obama and Hillary Clinton.
10. Actually the plot to The Simpsons Season 8 “Citizen Kang episode, in which Kang promised Americans “Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.”
[Image via the White House Flickr account]
Academic grades are a load of crap. Sorry, but it’s true. (And, if you’re going to argue that I only say that because I got bad ones, then I encourage you to try and prove that.) Grades — especially outside of hard science and math — are an entirely subjective assessment of one’s work on a subjective determination of what is important to take away from a field of study. They’re not a measure of…
The 2008 election cycle gave us “Drill, baby, drill!,” courtesy of then-VP candidate Sarah Palin (R-AK), but in 2012, it looks to be “Burn, baby, burn!” (and not even in a Disco Inferno). And this time, it might not even be the Republicans chanting it. President Obama is already out…
Marijuana legalization is simply not up for debate in Washington — be it decriminalization, legalization or even just medical marijuana. And though Democrats and even some Republicans will decry the results of this nation’s drug war — from the increase in violence in Mexico and along our borders, to the…
The company is so religious that all its outlets close on Sundays to allow people to attend church. “RuPaul’s Drag Race” contestant Willam Belli released “Chow Down At Chick-fil-A” in March 2012 (below) to highlight the company’s anti-gay stances. But all of a sudden, now it’s time to boycott the…
In the piece promoted by Kathryn Lopez of the National Review Online, Father Dwight Longenecker** posits: There was a weird phone message with bizarre guttural voices and moans. Was he demon possessed? Maybe. It happens. Though he notes briefly later in the piece in accordance with Catholic doctrine on possession…
Tampa Community Radio WMNF 88.5 had me on this morning to talk about my reported piece on the ease with which one could bring a gun to the Republican National Convention because of Governor Rick Scott’s (R-FL) refusal to provide the city a waiver to a state law limiting municipal…
It was barely light out on the East Coast this morning when our West Coast publisher alerted us to the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. By the time our regular day crew had trickled in and gotten up to speed, several things were clear: at least 12 innocent people were dead,…
As Rush Limbaugh recently revealed to the world, the fact that the villain in this summer’s eagerly-anticipated blockbuster “The Dark Knight Rises” is named Bane is no mere coincidence. Rather, he explained, it’s a long-planned conspiracy to sabotage former Gov. Mitt Romney’s (R-MA) presidential campaign by inextricably linking in viewers’…
Connie Schultz, a Pulitzer prize-winning former columnist for the Cleveland Plain Dealer, received an odd email last week from a self-identified conservative blogger. According to her public Facebook page, it read: We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned…