Friday Genius Ten “The Hill’s Xmas Gift To You” Edition
Here’s a quote from The Hill so perfect in its cluelessness that I hope the pleasure laughing at it makes your Christmas morning:
It is difficult to pinpoint when or why Lieberman has taken a hit: In the past two weeks, he not only crucial in helping remove the healthcare bill’s public option and Medicare buy-in provisions, but also subsequently announced that he would join with Democrats to support the bill after those provisions were removed.
So confusing! I rewrote the sentence so as to encapsulate how perfectly annoying this is:
It is difficult to pinpoint when or why Lieberman has taken a hit: In the past two weeks, he not only stabbed puppies to death and kicked a grandmother, but also subsequently announced that he would not laugh at you while you cried over dead puppies.
So confusing! So that’s why this Genius ten is dedicated to The Hill.
Original song: “Confusion” by New Order
1) “Atmosphere”—Joy Division
2) “Hot Hot Hot”!—The Cure
3) “Hallelujah”—The Happy Mondays
4) “Shoplifters Of The World Unite”—The Smiths
5) “Bela Lugosi’s Dead”—Bauhaus
6) “C30 C60 C90 Go!”—Bow Wow Wow
7) “I Wanna Be Adored”—The Stone Roses
8) “Warm Leatherette”—The Normal
9) “Just Like Honey”—The Jesus and Mary Chain
10) “Pearly Dewdrops Drops”—The Cocteau Twins
Videos below the fold.