Friday Genius Ten “And Now We Come To The End” Edition
The final two games of the World Cup take place this weekend, a third place game between Uruguay and Germany tomorrow, and the first place game between Spain and the Netherlands Sunday. It’s a bittersweet time. Enjoying the World Cup has been especially nice in New York, since it’s an international city and a natural home for excitement about it. Everywhere you go, people have opinions on it, and every bar that shows games can expect brisk business during them. I’ll miss all that. But it will be nice to have a winner and get back to normal, pre-World Cup life, where you’re not so distracted. So, bittersweet.
I picked this song to kick off the Genius Ten because the title describes the viewership of the games this weekend. Leave yours in comments, or as usual, comments about anything else. This is an open thread. And don’t forget to read Pandagoal and follow them on Twitter for up-to-the-minute World Cup coverage.
Original song: “All Over The World” by The Pixies
1) “Divine Hammer” by The Breeders
2) “Los Angeles” by Frank Black (Genius thinks it’s being cute, I suppose)
3) “Dirty Boots” by Sonic Youth
4) “When You Sleep” by My Bloody Valentine
5) “Little Fury Things” by Dinosaur Jr.
6) “Dead Souls” by Joy Division
7) “I Will Dare” by The Replacements
8) “Made-Up Dreams” by Built To Spill
9) “Two States” by Pavement
10) “Cold Light” by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Videos and a cat pic after the fold.
Dusty likes to be played with in increasingly elaborate and goofy ways. Marc obliges. Here is an example:
As soon as he put her down, she ran to her play spot so they could wrestle. She’s weird, but she loves stuff like this.