The Transportation Security Agency attempted to explain a viral video clip of a young shirtless boy being patted down at an airport on their blog Monday.

The video was posted by college student Luke Tait to YouTube on Friday and on Monday morning The Drudge Report displayed the video in its top spot, referring to the video as "Hands on boy."

The young boy in the video was selected for a pat down by TSA agents at the Salt Lake City International Airport after going through a metal detector, according to Tait.

"The boy was shy so the TSA couldn't complete the full pat on the young boy," he explains.

The boy's father tried several times to help the TSA agents pat him down by holding his arms out. Apparently, the father had little success with this and decided to just pull his son's shirt off so the TSA agents could search it.

"Their son alarmed the walk through metal detector and needed to undergo secondary screening," writes "Blogger Bob" of the TSA Blog Team. "The boy's father removed his son's shirt in an effort to expedite the screening. After our TSO completed the screening, he helped the boy put his shirt back on.

"That's it. No complaints were filed and the father was standing by his son for the entire procedure."

After walking through the security checkpoint himself, Tait says he was approached by a man in a black suit.

"He asked to speak to me and I obliged, wondering what was to come," Tait said. "He then proceeded to interrogate me about why I was videotaping the 'procedures of the TSA.' I told him that I had never seen such practices before on a young child and decided to record it."

The man demanded that Tait explain what he planned to do with the video and repeatedly asked him to delete it.

In a related incident, a man at Lindbergh Field was arrested after stripping down to his underwear to avoid undergoing a TSA pat down, NBC San Diego reports.

"TSA needs to see that I'm not carrying any weapons, explosives, or other prohibited substances, I refuse to have images of my naked body viewed by perfect strangers, and having been felt up for the first time by TSA the week prior, I was not willing to be molested again," he said in a statement released by his attorney Sunday.

[proxy-video expand=1]