Even though I haven't commented much on the Wikileaks stuff, rest assured I'm following the story closely. One reason I haven't said much is that my main position has been amusement that a handful of people are making the most powerful government in the world run around with its ass in its hands, and my amusement seems a tad unsavory at this point in time. That said, this Wikileaks release is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time.
I'm dedicating this Friday Genius Ten to the whole Wikileaks phenomenon, by making this the song I generated my list off of. Leave yours in comments, or comment on whatever you like. Open thread.
Original song: "I Spy" by Pulp
1) "Don't Let Him Waste Your Time" by Jarvis Cocker
2) "Animal Nitrate" by Suede
3) "End of a Century" by Blur
4) "Made of Stone" by The Stone Roses
5) "America Is Not The World" by Morrissey (who is going next on Interpol's list for suggesting such a thing!)
6) "2:1" by Elastica
7) "David Watts" by The Jam
8) "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" by The Smiths
9) "Road To Ruin" by The Libertines
10) "Caroline, Yes" by The Kaiser Chiefs
Videos and a sick and disgusting cat pic below the fold.
I walked in on the cats doing this:
And even though I was snapping pictures, they wouldn't stop, and kept at it:
Thanks to Congress punting on a repeal of DADT, my cats will never be able to serve their country.