House Republicans have decided to name a bill the Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act. It's hard not to assume their base are a bunch of half-literate imbeciles who will believe any propaganda coming from the "right" people, when Republicans themselves clearly believe this is exactly what their base is like.
I thought this song title by the Gorillaz is the perfect description of modern Republicans, even if the lyrics may not be quite so applicable. So I'm using it to kick off the Friday Genius Ten. Leave your own---or comments on whatever you like---in comments.
Original song: "Kids With Guns" by the Gorillaz
1) "Paranoid Android" by Radiohead
2) "Gold Lion" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
3) "Fell In Love With A Girl" by the White Stripes
4) "So Here We Are" by Bloc Party
5) "Staring at the Sun" by TV on the Radio
6) "Girls & Boys" by Blur
7) "Missed the Boat" by Modest Mouse
8) "The Fallen" by Franz Ferdinand
9) "Wildcat" by Ratatat
10) "Think I'm In Love" by Beck
Instead of playing videos off this list of songs, I thought I'd pair up songs with future House bills. Play along in comments. Remember, to work as a bill title, it has to be both moronic and dishonest. For the Preventing Child Hunger By Cutting School Lunch Act:
For the Ban National Forests For More Trees Act:
For the Elder Employment Support Act and to Repeal Social Security: