Quantcast
Connect with us

Koch-backed conservative group spams Detroit with fake eviction notices

Published

on

The pro-corporate activist group Americans for Prosperity is campaigning in Detroit against a transportation project called the New International Trade Crossing, which aims to make Michigan a center for north American international trade.

But in opposing the plan, they’ve got to the very extremes of shock campaigning, dropping forms claiming to be eviction notices off at homes in the Delray area of Detroit. Contacted by area reporters, the Koch-backed group defended their flyers, saying they “were meant to startle people.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Detroit Free Press has more.

(H/T: Think Progress)


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

PG&E agrees to $13.5 billion payout for deadly California fires

Published

on

California's Pacific Gas and Electric will pay $13.5 billion to settle lawsuits over its role in a series of wildfires that killed scores of people and destroyed thousands of homes, the utility giant said Friday.

Faulty PG&E powerlines were blamed for sparking last year's so-called Camp Fire in northern California -- the deadliest in the state's history -- that left 86 people dead.

Outdated facilities including vulnerable wooden poles and failure to deforest land surrounding high-voltage transmission lines were blamed for the inferno, prompting accusations the San Francisco-based firm had put profit before safety.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Russia likely listened to Trump when he used unsecured phone to call Giuliani: security officials

Published

on

Russia likely learned of President Donald Trump’s Ukraine dealings months before they were exposed by a whistleblower report, because he used unsecured phone lines to speak with his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, current and former officials told The Washington Post.

This article first appeared in Salon.

Phone records released in the House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment report this week showed that Giuliani made multiple calls to a blocked number listed as “-1.” Though Trump is not identified by name in the records, investigators believe the number belongs to Trump, and administration officials confirmed that Trump spoke with Giuliani on unsecured lines.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

‘It’s only $4.99 per month’: Trump urges supporters to sign up for network that went to Ukraine with Giuliani

Published

on

President Donald Trump on Friday night urged his 67 million Twitter followers to pay for a monthly subscription to watch Facebook video from a far-right Fox News competitor.

Shortly after 10 p.m. eastern, the commander-in-chief retweeted a solicitation from the One America News network.

[caption id="attachment_1569174" align="aligncenter" width="800"] Screengrab of President Donald Trump's retweet of a One America News solicitation.[/caption]

Continue Reading