Fred Karger to file federal complaint against Fox News
Republican presidential candidate and California businessman Fred Karger plans to file a complaint with the Federal Election Commission against Fox News for excluding him from the presidential debate last week.
Karger told The Advocate that he will personally deliver the complaint to Fox News headquarters in New York on Thursday.
He was the first official entrant in the GOP 2012 race, as well as the first openly gay candidate of a major political party. Karger as worked as a senior consultant for Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush and Gerald Ford.
But his requests to participant in the Fox News presidential debate was ignored.
“I have tried repeatedly, my staff has, I have written them two letters, and I have not heard word one,” Karger told The Advocate. “I am not going to take the second-class treatment.”
Fox News senior vice president Michael Clemente said Karger did not meet the requirements to enter the debate, but Karger’s lawyers are sure that Fox News “completely screwed up.”