A teen was rescued unharmed on Thursday after firemen removed a portion of a chimney at a home in Stockton, Calif., which the teen had tried to use as an entry into the building while returning after curfew.


The home's fireplace is reportedly in the teen's bedroom, although the family later changed their story to claim the boy was merely cleaning the chimney.

After removing a portion of the chimney, firefighters were able to lower ropes down to pull the boy out, according to a CBS affiliate station in San Francisco.

The video below is from CBS SF, broadcast Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011.