Next time you have the urge to eat cookie dough, it's something that you may want to strongly reconsider.


Scientists from the journal Clinical-Infectious Diseases found in a recent study of the 2009 E.coli outbreak that 77 people in 30 states became ill after eating Nestle's Toll House raw cookie dough.

"My recommendation, the general recommendation, is that you should not consume raw cookie dough," said Dr. Karen Neil, a medical epidemiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Regardless of who makes it, whether it's made at home or as a commercial product. That is the safest thing to avoid illness."

WATCH BELOW: Video from Fox News, which was broadcast on December 18, 2011.