Quantcast
Connect with us

French company sells scented underwear for men

Published

on

A company that specialises in “Made in France” underwear has raised nearly 19,000 euros ($25,000) from enthusiastic investors banking on its next titillating creation — sweet-smelling underpants for men.

The so-called “Indomitable” briefs will be manufactured by “Le Slip Francais”, a company set up in 2011 by 27-year-old Guillaume Gibault, who decided to bank on a trend for all things made in France to sell underwear.

ADVERTISEMENT

“You want to change the world, you want to change things, start by changing your underpants!” the firm writes on crowdfunding website www.mymajorcompany.com, where it has already raised close to 19,000 euros.

The idea behind crowdfunding is that anyone on the Internet can contribute money to a project, in some cases in exchange for shares in a company or other rewards.

Gibault told AFP the briefs will be scented thanks to micro-capsules full of homemade perfume that will be incorporated into the cotton used to make the underpants in the Lille region of northern France.

As soon as the lucky owner of the briefs moves around, the capsules will release the perfume and the scent will last up to 30 washes, he says.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s quite a masculine perfume, not very strong, based on musk and pears,” he said.

“Le Slip Francais” has become something of a success story in France, which is suffering badly from lack of competitiveness and a general perception of hostility towards business owners and entrepreneurs.

It employs five people in its Paris headquarters, and outsources the manufacture of the underwear to factories in different parts of France, including Lille and the southwestern Dordogne region.

ADVERTISEMENT

The firm has so far sold some 20,000 of its red, white, blue and black briefs, and plans to develop its presence abroad, with Japanese people proving to be particularly enthusiastic clients.

Gibault says the company is already profitable, adding that the whole project shows “that we are capable of innovating in France”.

“Le Slip Francais” had originally intended to raise 10,000 euros for the scented briefs, but has surpassed that amount by far and could still get a lot more before a June 3 deadline it set on its crowdfunding page — http://www.mymajorcompany.com/projects/sentez-bon-du-slip#home

ADVERTISEMENT

Supporters will get a range of rewards for their donations, ranging from a key ring to becoming the face — or body of — the new underpants when the firm’s advertising drive begins.

[Photo courtesy Le Slip Francais’ website]


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

The Kurds have already rejected Trump’s ceasefire deal: Fox News reporter

Published

on

The military alliance defending ethnic Kurds in northern Syria has already rejected a purported "ceasefire" agreement being touted by President Donald Trump.

According to Fox News foreign correspondent Trey Yingst, the Syrian Democratic Forces are "rejecting the ceasefire" because it "achieves Turkey’s original goal of moving Kurds from the border and having them give up heavy weapons."

Yingst went on to say that Trump's deal with the Turkish government would essentially force the Kurds to give up territory that has for years been their home.

Not surprising that the SDF is rejecting the ceasefire.

Continue Reading

CNN

‘It’s getting worse’: Here’s how Trump’s corruption is accelerating at a ‘stunning’ rate

Published

on

CNN host Brooke Baldwin and special correspondent Jamie Gangel were both left utterly shocked by the latest developments swirling around the Trump White House.

After watching White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's stunning press conference in which he revealed that next year's G7 meeting would be held at one of Trump's own golf courses and admitted that the administration had a quid-pro-quo arrangement with Ukraine, Baldwin found herself amazed at the brazenness of the administration's behavior.

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

Mike Pence credits president for ‘ceasefire’ solution to situation Trump created

Published

on

Vice President Mike Pence delivered a five-day ceasefire with Turkey after President Donald Trump agreed to pull out American troops so Turkey could bomb the Kurdish people.

Thousands of people have been displaced, thousands have been killed or wounded as a result of Turkey's bombing campaign.

The United States was forced to bomb our own military base to prevent ISIS, Syria and Russian troops to have access to American military information and equipment. The Turkish bombing began so quickly that the American military couldn't conduct a withdrawal the proper way. American soldiers were also fired on so heavily that they almost fired back in self-defense.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image