Quantcast
Connect with us

WATCH: Motorcyclists chase SUV down leading up to NYC street attack

Published

on

A 33-year-old man was hospitalized after being caught by a gang of motorcyclists following a chase through New York City highways into city streets on Sunday.

DNAinfo New York reported that the beginning of the encounter was caught on a helmet camera worn by one of the riders. The video shows the man rear-ending one of the bikers with his SUV while traveling on the Henry Hudson Parkway Sunday afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Instead of stopping, however, the man drives off, reportedly hitting three more bikers while trying to get away from the group, and initiating the chase. At one point, the SUV is nearly surrounded but it manages to drive off before one of the bikers can open the door. The video stops shortly after the man’s escape is cut off by street traffic on 178th Street, when one of the riders takes his helmet off and hits the SUV’s windshield.

According to the New York Daily News, the driver, identified as Alexian Lien, was pulled out of his vehicle, then hit and slashed in the face and chest with a knife. He was treated and released at a local hospital on Sunday.

No arrests have been made in connection with the attack, but Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said at a press conference on Monday that 15 bikers were arrested and 55 motorcycles were confiscated for traffic violations. The group reportedly included motorcyclists from around the city’s five boroughs who are part of the “Hollywood Stuntz” bikers social group.

“Their ultimate goal is to get into Times Square, which they did last year,” Kelly said of the convergence of riders on the city. “Quite frankly, it wasn’t on anyone’s radar screen last year. We were aware of it this year and did a fair amount of enforcement.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch video of the chase, posted on YouTube on Monday by user “Daphne Avalon,” below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Facebook

‘The world is on fire!’ Fox News pundit stunned after Trump decides to host G7 at his golf club

Published

on

Fox News politics editor Chris Stirewalt was stunned by the White House decision to host next year's G7 summit at a property owned by President Donald Trump.

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney announced the international gathering would be held at Trump's struggling Doral golf course in Florida, and even the conservative Stirewalt couldn't believe the decision.

"The idea that this administration, dealing with what this administration is dealing with, right? A lot -- the unraveling in Syria, you’ve got the march to impeachment here at home, breaking news story every day. The world is on fire. Why?"

Continue Reading

Featured Video

‘This has become the catch-us-if-you-can administration’ after Mulvaney blows off corruption: CNN’s Jim Acosta

Published

on

On Thursday, White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney dismissed concerns that the Trump administration had pressured the government of Ukraine to dig up information on political rivals.

"We do that all the time. Get over it," Mulvaney told reporters. "Politics is going to be involved in foreign policy--elections do have consequences."

CNN's Jim Acosta observed Thursday afternoon that corruption has just become the norm for Trump and his aides.

"I think that's probably a pretty remarkable admission coming from the acting Chief of Staff," Acosta said.

"You could almost read between the lines here where the acting Chief of Staff was almost saying to everybody in the room here, 'Catch us if you can.'"

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

WATCH: Trump’s chief of staff pummeled in rancorous press briefing after announcing G7 decision

Published

on

President Donald Trump's chief of staff and Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney was pummeled by reporters demanding answers about the president scoring huge sums of taxpayer dollars by having a G7 summit at his Miami resort.

Mulvaney held a press conference on Thursday where he announced that the G7 meeting would be at Trump National Doral Miami in 2020. Reporters responded with many questions about self-dealing and the president's profits off of the event.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image