Cops shoot and kill naked Florida man after face-biting rampage
Members of the Philadelphia Police Department in action on Nov. 30, 2011 [AFP]

Authorities in Palm Beach County, Florida, shot and killed a man who apparently went on a naked rampage Tuesday night, injuring three people and exhibiting what was described as superhuman strength.

The Palm Beach Post reported that the man, identified as 28-year-old Anesson Joseph, was first spotted running in the nude outside a Delray Beach residential community. He then allegedly attacked and beat on a 66-year-old retired police officer Douglas R. Kozlik before chasing 16-year-old Tania Grein.

As Joseph pursued Grein, her brother, 18-year-old Tony Grein, tackled him, allowing the girl to make it back to their home. She was not injured, though her brother sustained scratches and bites to his face. Tony Grein also reported that the attacker did not stop, even after Grein slashed him with a box-cutter and his father, Mario Grein, punched him twice in the head in an effort to intervene.

"It didn't faze him," Mario Grein told the Post. "He completely looked like he was on drugs. He was definitely on something."

Tony Grein escaped when an automatic gate to the complex pushed Joseph -- who was described as weighing around 250 pounds and standing more than 6 feet tall -- off of him while closing.

"I think I would be dead or raped, or something bad would have happened to me, if my brother wasn't there," Tania Grein told the Post. "I feel like my brother is a hero."

Both Tony Grein and Kozlik were hospitalized after the attacks. The Post also reported that, following the incidents in the complex, Joseph took off running, and was subsequently confronted by county sheriff's officials. Authorities said the suspect did not stop behaving in a threatening manner, even after getting hit with a Taser.

"He's obviously delirious on something," department spokesperson Ric Bradshaw told the Post. "He is a huge guy. He takes a fighting stance. They're trying to get him on the ground. He starts charging them. The Taser did not affect him."

Authorities reportedly shot Joseph twice in the "lower extremities" and once in the torso. He was taken to Delray Medical Center, where he died.

Watch a report on the incident, as aired on WPTV-TV on Wednesday, below.

[Image via Agence France-Presse]