NATO's top commander, General Philip Breedlove, said Sunday there was a "very sizeable" Russian troop presence on the border with Ukraine and warned of a possible incursion into the Moscow-backed separatist territory of Transdniestr. "The force that…
'Beyond reckless': Ex-Fox News employee torches the network for enabling Tucker Carlson's dangerous rhetoric
A former Fox News political analyst is slamming the network for its prolonged failure to censor host Tucker Carlson as he continues to circulate misinformation and dangerous rhetoric.
On Friday, December 3, Chris Stirewalt appeared on WV Metro News where he shared his perspective on the Fox News, the departure of Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg as contributors, and the network's unwavering support of Carlson.
Both Goldberg and Hayes recently opted to part ways with Fox News citing their opposition toward Carlson's controversial, conspiracy-driven documentary about the Jan. 6 insurrection.
"What Steve and Jonah did in giving up compensation and a high visibility post was to put their money literally where their mouth is," Stirewalt said, adding, “What Fox allowed in Tucker Carlson’s documentary, which said that January 6 was potentially a false flag operation undertaken by the federal government and that Americans were being put in Guantanomo over pictures of waterboarding, was beyond reckless and is another mile-marker down the road to the kind of Alex Jones-ian, Infowars-ian garbage that makes it impossible to have any kind of conversation."
He added: "If you can say stuff and not support it — except for with conspiracy theorizing gobbledygook — then that's no good."
Ex-Fox employee @ChrisStirewalt:\n\n\u201cWhat Fox allowed in Tucker Carlson\u2019s documentary \u2026 was beyond reckless and is another mile-marker down the road to the kind of Alex Jones-ain, Infowars-ian garbage that makes it impossible to have any kind of conversation.\u201dhttps://twitter.com/WVMetroNews/status/1466805395570282499\u00a0\u2026— Aaron Blake (@Aaron Blake) 1638554583
He went on to note that Hayes and Goldberg's concerns were focused on Fox News' dismissal of Carlson's actions and lack of journalistic integrity. Stirewalt's remarks come weeks after Carlson's dangerous documentary aired. The primetime conservative news host faced sharp criticism for the disturbing claims he perpetuated in his segment.
'Absolutely disgusted' Minnesota sheriff unloads on Minneapolis PD over its cops 'hunting' protesters
Wright County Sheriff Sean Deringer this week delivered a blistering denunciation of the Minneapolis Police Department after newly unearthed body camera footage showed its officers talking about "hunting" anti-police brutality demonstrators who took to the streets in the wake of the murder of George Floyd last year.
During a public meeting for the Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training this week, Deringer addressed the latest scandal plaguing the Minneapolis PD, which he said lacks leadership and accountability from top to bottom.
"I am telling you folks that I was absolutely disgusted watching that," Deringer said, according to local news station KSTP. "And I’ve defended that agency for the very last time."
The sheriff went on to lament that the actions of the Minneapolis police were damaging the reputations of officers throughout the state.
“I am so upset with the lack of leadership," he said. "We are all cast in the same barrel of crap coming out of Minneapolis proper."
Rolling Stone reports that the footage was so damning that the Minneapolis PD called it "antithetical" to the kind of culture it wanted to build.
"The footage of Minneapolis cops allegedly 'hunting' protesters showed cops being directed to target protesters and 'F*ck ‘em up,'" writes Rolling Stone. "The videos captured cops high-fiving after shooting nonviolent protesters with less-lethal impact rounds. Other cops used the same weapons in a manner that resembled a drive-by shooting, firing on people on the street, seemingly unannounced, from an unmarked van."
The parents of the Michigan high school shooter -- who have been charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with their son's deadly rampage -- have had legal problems in the past, the New York Post reports.
Online records in Duval County, Florida, show that James and Jennifer Crumbley were charged with driving under the influence on Feb. 12, 2005, pleaded no contest, and were fined $652 each. James was also charged with driving with a suspended license and not having the proper tags on his car.
In 2003, Jennifer was charged with writing a fraudulent check for $150, although the charge was later dismissed. She committed the same offense a year later and was fined $240.
James also faced legal trouble over child support payments he owed to his ex-wife, whom he shares an 18-year-old son.
Ethan Crumbley, 15, has been charged as an adult with first-degree murder, terrorism, assault with the intent to murder and 12 counts of possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony after allegedly gunning down four students and injuring seven others at Oxford High School on Tuesday.