Ohio man blamed John Boehner for Ebola, planned to shoot him 'and take off': Police
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) responds to President Obama 100813

A 44-year-old former country club bartender was accused of threatening to kill House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) after blaming him for both the loss of his job and the Ebola virus, WCPO-TV reported on Tuesday.

Michael Robert Hoyt was indicted on Jan. 7, three months after being admitted to a hospital psychiatric ward. He reportedly called police on Oct. 29 blaming Boehner for the loss of his job at the Wetherington Country Club. He contacted authorities a day after emailing Boehner's wife asking her to bring his "termination report" to him personally.

"If I had any intention of hurting Mr. Boehner, I could have poisoned his wine at Wetherington many, many times," Hoyt wrote. "I do not believe I have lied about anything nor exaggerated. This is extremely urgent."

Authorities said that Hoyt was indicted because he presented a "current and ongoing credible" to Boehner. Boehner reportedly told the Capitol Police that he remembered meeting the suspect while he worked at the country club, but could not recall any "negative interactions" with him.

Before being hospitalized, Hoyt called 911 saying he thought evil people were going to "chop him up." He had reportedly stopped taking psychotropic medications prescribed to him following a psychotic episode in 2012.

"Hoyt told the officer he was Jesus Christ and he was going to kill Boehner because Boehner was mean to him at the country club and because Boehner is responsible for Ebola," Capitol Police Special Agent Christopher M. Desrosiers said in the complaint against Hoyt. "Hoyt advised he had a loaded Beretta .380 automatic and he was going to shoot Boehner and take off."

After being hospitalized, Hoyt reportedly told authorities that he believed it would have been "very easy" to slip something into one of Boehner's drinks. He also blamed Boehner and other club members for the loss of his job.

Police recovered an assortment of ammunition at Hoyt's home two days after meeting with him, including 35 loose rounds, a magazine for an SKS assault rifle, and boxes full of .380 and 7.62 rounds. The rifle was later recovered from Hoyt's mother home. The suspect's mother said she took it out of the home when Hoyt was not there, out of concern over his lack of sleep and "agitated" state.