Quantcast
Connect with us

Serial rape suspect says Facebook chats show victims plotted to frame him

Published

on

Attorneys for an accused Arizona serial rapist say social media records show his accusers plotted to frame him.

Tyler Kost appeared Monday in court, nearly a year after he was arrested and charged with sexually assaulting up to 12 women and girls and threatening to kill victims and witnesses.

His attorney argued that Facebook chat records should be introduced as evidence in the case, saying the 19-year-old Kost’s accusers conspired against him.

ADVERTISEMENT

“What we know now is that there was a group of girls who conspired against Tyler to put him in jail,” argued attorney Christine Whalin. “They succeeded in that, and Tyler has now been in jail for over a year based on those lies.”

Defense attorneys claimed Facebook messages obtained by the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office show evidence of the plot.

“Let’s f*ck with his mind and car,” one message reads, according to court filings.

Another girl said Kost needed to be “taught a lesson,” while another message suggests the teens “should sacrifice him to Satan.”

One girl said she was “down” to participate in the conspiracy, while another message shows a girl who said, “I already know this is going to be so much fun!”

ADVERTISEMENT

The teens made plans to watch the 2006 movie, “John Tucker Must Die,” which depicts a group of high school girls who take revenge on a cheating ex-boyfriend.

Kost’s lawyer said her client was the victim of a plot intended as “revenge for him being a player.”

However, one of the participants in the chats said Kost and his lawyer were attempting to blame the real victims in the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We were just a bunch of pissed off teenage girls,” said Michelle Holmes, who is not among the listed victims. “We were just ranting and venting and getting it off our chest.”

The judge will decide within a few weeks whether the Facebook chats will be admissible as evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch this video report posted online by KPNX-TV:

ADVERTISEMENT

Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump is already making up conspiracy theories about voter fraud — and it’ll only get worse

Published

on

The election is eight months away, but President Donald Trump is already crying foul.

Bloomberg News wrote Sunday that Trump is already working to undermine the American electoral process by attacking the Democratic presidential primary.

"Indeed, his campaign, with the full support of the Republican Party, is already waging a vigorous crusade to destroy his opposition. No, it's not Joe Biden, who inspired Trump's shakedown of Ukraine. Trump's gunning for bigger game: democracy itself," wrote Francis Wilkinson for Bloomberg.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

READ IT: More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials tell Bill Barr to resign now

Published

on

More than 1,100 former US Department of Justice officials called on Attorney General William P. Barr on Sunday to step down after he intervened last week to lower the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for President Trump’s longtime friend and political crony Roger J. Stone Jr.

“It is unheard of for the Department’s top leaders to overrule line prosecutors, who are following established policies, in order to give preferential treatment to a close associate of the President, as Attorney General Barr did in the Stone case,” wrote the former Justice Department attorneys in their Sunday letter. “It is even more outrageous for the Attorney General to intervene as he did here — after the President publicly condemned the sentencing recommendation that line prosecutors had already filed in court.”

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump campaign forced to delete #Daytona500 Air Force One photo because it was from 15 years ago

Published

on

Air Force One in flight.

Another oops moment happened for President Donald Trump's campaign manager stole George W. Bush's photo from the Daytona 500 in 2004.

Tweeting Sunday, Brad Parscale proclaimed, "[email protected] won the #Daytona500 before the race even started."

Except, it wasn't him. As many people pointed out, the image was from 16 years ago by photographer Jonathan Ferrey, CNN reported. Parscale was forced to delete it and tweet it out again with an underwhelming photo.

Continue Reading
 
 
close-image