Quantcast
Connect with us

Creepy: NY cop accused of sexually abusing 16-year-old girl at two cemeteries

Published

on

A 34-year-old police officer in Watervliet, New York faces several felony counts of criminal sex acts against a 16-year-old girl he met while serving as a school protection officer, WNYT-TV reported.

Investigators said Joshua Spratt met the girl while working at Watervliet High School, and engaged in the illegal activity at two nearby cemeteries, as well as a local parking lot. An order of protection has been filed for the girl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Spratt also allegedly carried out the same type of behavior with a 17-year-old girl from the same school. She was not included in the charges because she is able to consent under state law. However, authorities also issued orders of protection for her and a 17-year-old witness.

Albany County District Attorney David Soares said that prosecutors have amassed evidence against the officer including phone and text messages, as well as video footage.

“Right now, the emotion that an entire community is going to be going through is one of outrage,” Soares told the Albany Times-Union. “What I’m hoping for as a result of this dialogue is that this community does come together — and if there are other victims out there that we create an environment where those people can come forward.”

If the allegations against Spratt are confirmed, local school superintendent Lori Caplan said, they represent “an egregious betrayal of trust.”

“We welcomed somebody into our school whose role was to keep our students safe,” she said. “And if these allegations are true, he played upon that role and upon his power and position, for lack of a better term. And I take that very personally.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Spratt, an Army reserves veteran who has served in Iraq, was first assigned to the school in September 2013. He could face between 5 and 1/3 and 16 years in prison on the felony charges, and is also accused of child endangerment and official misconduct, two misdemeanors. He is currently free after posting $50,000 bail.

Watch WNYT’s report, as aired on Monday, below.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Facebook

John Oliver explains how the Ukraine scandal so stupid even Fox News ‘idiot’ Steve Doocy should understand it

Published

on

"Last Week Tonight" host John Oliver closed out his season with a special report for Fox News hosts who seem to be struggling with the basic understanding of things like "bribery" or the concept that attempted crimes are still actually crimes.

At the top of Sunday's show, Oliver played a clip of Fox News host Laura Ingraham who made the argument that if Trump tried to commit a crime and didn't manage to pull it off, then he's clearly innocent.

"Attempted bribery isn't in the constitution," proclaimed Ingraham, forgetting about what "high crimes and misdemeanors" covers. "Remember, Ukraine got its aid, it was 14 days delayed, big deal. And Ukraine never made any public statement about the investigation."

Continue Reading

CNN

This is the energy executive who first exposed Trump’s Ukraine scandal: report

Published

on

CNN host Chris Cuomo did a special investigative report by Drew Griffin looking at the money trail from Russia to President Donald Trump's Ukraine scandal.

"You probably don’t know Dale Perry, but history may record this energy executive as one of the first who sounded the alarm about what would become President Trump’s impeachment inquiry," said Griffin. "In April, Perry’s former business partner Andrew Favorov, now a director at Ukraine's state-owned gas company Naftogaz, says two shady characters had approached him, with a secret management plan to take over the management from the inside. Those two shady characters Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, are two low-level, Soviet-born businessmen from south Florida. And they were trying to clear the way for their own gas business."

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

‘A slam-dunk-case’: MSNBC analysts predict GOP will defend Trump — and ‘the guy is going to get off’

Published

on

More evidence was outed Sunday as the Wall Street Journal revealed emails from EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland, who promised to keep the White House abreast of President Donald Trump's demand for an investigation by Ukraine. The news prompted an MSNBC panelists to explain that it wouldn't matter how much evidence was presented, Republicans will never vote to remove Trump.

Host Geoff Bennett asked about the witness testimony and preponderance of evidence that "all points in one direction at this point, that President Trump orchestrated this entire" Ukraine investigations.

"It's a slam dunk case, and yet we know the guy is going to get off," said Los Angels Times White House reporter Eli Stokols. "That's effectively what you're saying. Because all the testimony has lined up so closely, the fact that [EU Ambassador Gordon] Sondland has come to come in, and because testimony from [Ambassador Bill] Taylor and others, has had to change testimony, Republicans have no choice -- the president has no choice but to try to dismiss the entire thing as partisan."

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image