If you read one summary of the Democratic Debate, don’t read this one. But if you read a few and want to hear some observations and thoughts, insights and questions, straight from the gut, via the twitter, of Katie Halper you won’t be disappointed.
- Having GOP debates before
#DemDebate is terrible event planning. You put the funnier act last, not first. Dems have no chance. #ComedyGold
- Waiting for the narrator to say, “in a world!”
- I’m fluent in New York accents and am available for simultaneous translation of
- Lincoln Chafee is so awkward it’s endearing. He could be a sleeper. Dunno whether to cry or vote for him or both.
- It’s hard to get excited about a debate when everyone on stage believes in things like vaccines & evolution.
- “Is anyone else on the stage not a capitalist?” – Music to my ears!
- “You supported Sandinistas, you said you’re not a capitalist.” Anderson Cooper questioning a candidate? Or me vetting boyfriends?
- The block of granite known as Lincoln Chafee & the robot inside of Jim Webb’s skin are doing surprisingly well.
- You know Jim Webb can’t keep the terms “people of color” & “colored people” straight.
- hearing Bernie Sanders say, “I come from a rural state” in his thick Brooklynese accent is amazeballs.
- Say “R” where there is no “R”: (idear) Don’t say “R” where there is one: (motha).
#ProTip #NewYorkAccents #HowToTawkLikeBernie
- And that, little children, was how Bernie Sanders won Hillary Clinton’s vote!
- Did Hillary just humblebrag that she’s made an enemy of a country consisting of over 70 million people?
- I’m still waiting for
@joeBiden to peel off Jim Webb’s skin suit and declare that he’s throwing his hat into the ring.
Trump aides scrambling to hide his ‘dumpster fire’ poll numbers to keep him from ‘flying into a rage’: report
According to a report from the Daily Beast, aides to Donald Trump are doing their best to keep him in the dark about his terrible poll numbers prior to November's election out of fear of his wrath.
With the president's poll numbers plummeting in a match-up with presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, White House staffers and campaign officials are trying to keep the president calm while at the same time working to turn around a re-election campaign that is floundering.
‘I have a son and I want you to meet him’: Anderson Cooper chokes up welcoming his baby to the world
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper announced on Thursday that he is now a father.
"It has been a difficult time in all of our lives and there are certainly many hard days ahead. It is, I think, especially important in these times of trouble to try to hold on to moments of joy and moments of happiness," Cooper said. "As we mourn the loss of loved ones, we're also blessed with new life and new love."
"On Monday, I became a father," Cooper revealed. "I am a dad, I have a son, and I want you to meet him.
He introduced Wyatt Morgan Cooper to CNN's viewers.
"He is sweet and soft and healthy and I am beyond happy. As a gay kid, I never thought it would be possible to have a child, and I am so grateful for all those who paved the way and for the doctors and nurses and all those involved in my son's birth."
Trump’s decision to turn on Brian Kemp is a warning to other GOP governors: Columnist
On Thursday, writing for The Washington Post, Paul Waldman wrote that President Donald Trump's decision to throw Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) under the bus should serve as a warning to other Republican governors: Stop trying to govern the way you think Trump wants you to, and govern the way public health needs you to.