If you read one summary of the Democratic Debate, don’t read this one. But if you read a few and want to hear some observations and thoughts, insights and questions, straight from the gut, via the twitter, of Katie Halper you won’t be disappointed.
- Having GOP debates before
#DemDebate is terrible event planning. You put the funnier act last, not first. Dems have no chance. #ComedyGold
- Waiting for the narrator to say, “in a world!”
- I’m fluent in New York accents and am available for simultaneous translation of
- Lincoln Chafee is so awkward it’s endearing. He could be a sleeper. Dunno whether to cry or vote for him or both.
- It’s hard to get excited about a debate when everyone on stage believes in things like vaccines & evolution.
- “Is anyone else on the stage not a capitalist?” – Music to my ears!
- “You supported Sandinistas, you said you’re not a capitalist.” Anderson Cooper questioning a candidate? Or me vetting boyfriends?
- The block of granite known as Lincoln Chafee & the robot inside of Jim Webb’s skin are doing surprisingly well.
- You know Jim Webb can’t keep the terms “people of color” & “colored people” straight.
- hearing Bernie Sanders say, “I come from a rural state” in his thick Brooklynese accent is amazeballs.
- Say “R” where there is no “R”: (idear) Don’t say “R” where there is one: (motha).
#ProTip #NewYorkAccents #HowToTawkLikeBernie
- And that, little children, was how Bernie Sanders won Hillary Clinton’s vote!
- Did Hillary just humblebrag that she’s made an enemy of a country consisting of over 70 million people?
- I’m still waiting for
@joeBiden to peel off Jim Webb’s skin suit and declare that he’s throwing his hat into the ring.
Chelsea Handler comes to Joe Biden’s defense during Real Time appearance with Bill Maher
Comedian Chelsey Handler defended former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday, during an appearance on HBO's "Real Time" with Bill Maher.
"I have to know what you think of Joe Biden and that whole thing," Maher said.
"I think Joe Biden is just a grandfather, you know what I mean? And he's old," Handler replied.
"I don't like comparing -- I don't like these stories of these women coming out and talking about a man smelling their hair or kissing the back of their head," she continued.
"I think it diminishes people who have actually experienced bullsh*t," Hander said.
Whether a sitting president can be indicted should be reexamined: former federal prosecutor
Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner has reached a point that he thinks the policy of not indicting a sitting president should be readjusted for modern times.
In a PoliticsNation panel discussion, focused on Rep. Jerry Nadler's (D-NY) suggestion that he would be requesting documents from at least 60 people connected to President Donald Trump as part of broadening the investigation into possible crimes committed while running for office or while president.
"He has got legal exposure on so many fronts," said Kirschner. "Whether it is his fake charitable organization, his continuing criminal enterprise of the Trump Organization, whether it is an inauguration run amok, it looks like, taking illegal, foreign donations and doling out or promising goodness knows what to those people who donated. And it's his presidency."
‘Only a wimp does this’: Ex-Pentagon chief of staff rips Trump’s ‘weak’ and cowardly dismissal of Tillerson
A former top official at the Department of Defense and Central Intelligence Agency explained how President Donald Trump displayed weakness to the world by the manner in which former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was fired.
"The more waves the president makes, the more we wonder if at least in part he's hoping to take back the news cycle from, for example, his sex scandal involving porn star Stormy Daniels," MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace noted. "I don't know what you call it when the lawyer for the porn star sounds more reasonable than the President of the United States."