If you read one summary of the Democratic Debate, don't read this one. But if you read a few and want to hear some observations and thoughts, insights and questions, straight from the gut, via the twitter, of Katie Halper you won't be disappointed.
- Having GOP debates before
#DemDebate is terrible event planning. You put the funnier act last, not first. Dems have no chance. #ComedyGold
- Waiting for the narrator to say, "in a world!"
- I'm fluent in New York accents and am available for simultaneous translation of
- Lincoln Chafee is so awkward it's endearing. He could be a sleeper. Dunno whether to cry or vote for him or both.
- It's hard to get excited about a debate when everyone on stage believes in things like vaccines & evolution.
- "Is anyone else on the stage not a capitalist?" - Music to my ears!
- "You supported Sandinistas, you said you're not a capitalist." Anderson Cooper questioning a candidate? Or me vetting boyfriends?
- The block of granite known as Lincoln Chafee & the robot inside of Jim Webb's skin are doing surprisingly well.
- You know Jim Webb can't keep the terms "people of color" & "colored people" straight.
- hearing Bernie Sanders say, "I come from a rural state" in his thick Brooklynese accent is amazeballs.
- Say "R" where there is no "R": (idear) Don't say "R" where there is one: (motha).
#ProTip #NewYorkAccents #HowToTawkLikeBernie
- And that, little children, was how Bernie Sanders won Hillary Clinton's vote!
- Did Hillary just humblebrag that she's made an enemy of a country consisting of over 70 million people?
- I'm still waiting for
@joeBiden to peel off Jim Webb's skin suit and declare that he's throwing his hat into the ring.