Born and raised on the mean streets of New York City's Upper West Side, Katie Halper is a comedian, writer and filmmaker. She is the host of the Katie Halper Show on WBA1, writes for places like The Nation, Feministing, Jezebel and appears on places like MSNBC, RT, Sirius radio (which hung up on her once). Katie's had her photo taken with Rudy Giuliani and was called "cute and somewhat brainy" by the National Review.
Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!
If you read one summary of the Democratic Debate, don’t read this one. But if you read a few and want to hear some observations and thoughts, insights and questions, straight from the gut, via the twitter, of Katie Halper you won’t be disappointed.
- Having GOP debates before
#DemDebate is terrible event planning. You put the funnier act last, not first. Dems have no chance. #ComedyGold
- Waiting for the narrator to say, “in a world!”
- I’m fluent in New York accents and am available for simultaneous translation of
- Lincoln Chafee is so awkward it’s endearing. He could be a sleeper. Dunno whether to cry or vote for him or both.
- It’s hard to get excited about a debate when everyone on stage believes in things like vaccines & evolution.
- “Is anyone else on the stage not a capitalist?” – Music to my ears!
- “You supported Sandinistas, you said you’re not a capitalist.” Anderson Cooper questioning a candidate? Or me vetting boyfriends?
- The block of granite known as Lincoln Chafee & the robot inside of Jim Webb’s skin are doing surprisingly well.
- You know Jim Webb can’t keep the terms “people of color” & “colored people” straight.
- hearing Bernie Sanders say, “I come from a rural state” in his thick Brooklynese accent is amazeballs.
- Say “R” where there is no “R”: (idear) Don’t say “R” where there is one: (motha).
#ProTip #NewYorkAccents #HowToTawkLikeBernie
- And that, little children, was how Bernie Sanders won Hillary Clinton’s vote!
- Did Hillary just humblebrag that she’s made an enemy of a country consisting of over 70 million people?
- I’m still waiting for
@joeBiden to peel off Jim Webb’s skin suit and declare that he’s throwing his hat into the ring.