Quantcast
Connect with us

Secret Service agent assigned to White House arrested in child ‘sexting’ sting

Published

on

A U.S. Secret Service officer assigned to the White House was arrested this week after he sent naked pictures of himself to someone he thought was a 14-year-old girl, according to a criminal complaint.

Lee Robert Moore, 37, of Church Hill, Maryland, turned himself in to Maryland State Police on Monday and faces charges including solicitation of a minor, according to the complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Delaware.

ADVERTISEMENT

The complaint details a series of pornographic online chats starting in late August between Moore and a Delaware State Police detective posing as a 14-year-old girl.

Moore sent naked photos of himself to the undercover officer and asked to meet in person to have sex, according to the complaint.

In an interview with police, Moore admitted to communicating with the person while he was working at the White House, the complaint said.

The Secret Service, the agency that protects the president, has placed Moore on administrative leave, according to the complaint. The Secret Service did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

It was not clear from the complaint whether Moore has retained an attorney.

Moore’s arrest is the latest blow to the Secret Service after a series of scandals and security lapses.

In March, two senior agents, after a night of drinking, drove into a White House barricade inches away from a suspicious package that was being investigated as a possible bomb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Last year, agents failed to stop a knife-carrying man from jumping a fence and running into the White House in one of the worst security breaches since President Barack Obama took office in 2009.

(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Chris Reese)


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Republican John Kasich comes out in favor of Trump’s impeachment

Published

on

Continue Reading

Facebook

Fox News launches desperate clean up effort after Mulvaney acknowledges Ukraine quid pro quo

Published

on

Several Fox News hosts embarked on a large cleanup effort Thursday night in the hours after acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney acknowledged that President Donald Trump withheld millions in military aid to Ukraine in an attempt to pressure the country to launch an investigation that could benefit him politically.

This article was originally published at Salon

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Pompeo now regrets not defending Ukraine ambassador as scandal ensnares the State Department: report

Published

on

Sources are saying Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has become frustrated by the loss of some top officials and regrets his failure to defend the former ambassador to the Ukraine from a smear campaign.

One source said Pompeo failed to get involved because he was afraid of upending U.S.-Ukraine policy and be pushed out of the administration like former national security adviser John Bolton, reported CNN.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image