Quantcast
Connect with us

Indiana man carrying loaded firearm disrupts meeting over gun threats against high school

Published

on

Unnerved parents of students at Plainfield High School in Indiana were at a community meeting to discuss online threats of violence made against the school when a man with a loaded gun entered the auditorium Tuesday night, the Indianapolis Star reports.

Law enforcement held the forum to address for the first time threats of gunfire and explosions at the high school. On Sunday, threats were also made against the local mall. Ronald Kendall, 37, was arrested on felony charges of bringing a firearm onto school grounds during the meeting. Police wouldn’t tell media if Kendall is considered a suspect in the threats.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to CBS4, hundreds of people were packed into the school auditorium on Tuesday night, but news cameras were not allowed inside. Authorities told the station that whoever is making the threats has been concealing their identity and taking measures to hide their IP address.

“We’re here addressing a situation of violence of this person, and then this happens,” one parent said. “They’re doing everything they possibly can — until then.”

The Star reports Kendall disrupted the question-and-answer section of the meeting. When Kendall wasn’t allowed to speak, he told the audience he was carrying a gun in his pocket. He was detained and led outside shortly after.

“It is a level 6 felony to have a firearm in a school building,” Plainfield police Cpt. Jill Lees told CBS4.

Call 6 reported that parents were upset by the incident and questioned whether their children were safe at the school, considering a man with a loaded gun was able to get into the meeting. The incident resulted in the meeting ending early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch the report by Call 6, as posted here:


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

COVID-19

‘Let’s not be silly!’ Kellyanne Conway barks at reporter for undermining her ‘bunker’ attack on Biden

Published

on

White House aide Kellyanne Conway on Wednesday defended her assertion that Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden owed President Donald Trump a call to the White House instead of criticizing the government's pandemic response from his "bunker."

During a gaggle outside the White House, Conway was asked why she had slammed Biden during an appearance on Fox & Friends earlier that morning.

"I find it to be petty and a tinge of partisanship and completely unhelpful to the American population to have a former vice president who was here for eight years in his bunker in Wilmington just lobbing criticisms," Conway said of her attack on Biden.

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Doctor on Fox News begs red states to brace for virus: ‘People are dying because we weren’t prepared’

Published

on

A New York City emergency room doctor who recovered from Ebola said this week that he fears the coronavirus outbreak even more.

Craig Spencer of Columbia University Medical Center confirmed to Fox News that New York hospitals look like a war zone.

"I survived Ebola and I fear COVID, I fear coronavirus," Spencer said. "There are a lot of lessons we learned [from Ebola]... And unfortunately, a lot of those lessons have been forgotten. What I think has happened is it's left us all vulnerable to a pandemic like the coronavirus and what we're seeing on the frontlines, it's dire."

"People, unfortunately, are dying because we weren't prepared," he continued. "And I just want to share the message that we're seeing this here in New York City, I'm seeing it in my hospital, I'm seeing it in all hospitals around New York City, we're not prepared. And I want to make sure that the message gets shared with everyone across the country."

Continue Reading
 

CNN

‘Detroit is burning right now’: Michigan doctor paints frightening picture of COVID-19 in her city on CNN

Published

on

A Michigan doctor on Wednesday painted a frightening picture of the coronavirus pandemic's impact on her home city of Detroit.

In an interview with CNN's Jim Sciutto and Poppy Harlow, Dr. Teena Chopra said that Detroit's medical system was getting overwhelmed at the moment.

"The resources are poor," she said of her situation at the Detroit Medical Center. "36 percent of the population are below the poverty line. Lack of education, lack of access to clean water supply -- I think all of these factors are social determinants and play a big role. that's why we're becoming the next epicenter with the trends we are seeing."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image