The school board in Austin, Texas voted in late March to rename Robert E. Lee Elementary School, but when asked to submit suggestions for a new name, local voters suggested they school be renamed Donald J. Trump Elementary.
KXAN.com reported Monday that the Austin Independent School District’s board will have final say over what the school’s new name will be, but tallies from voters featured names like Trump and Hitler. Nominations were submitted to the school district website.
The scores were as follows:
1. Donald J. Trump Elementary: 45 nominations
2. Robert E. Lee Elementary: 34 nominations
3. Russell Lee Elementary: 32 nominations
4. Harper Lee Elementary: 30 nominations
5. Elisabet Ney Elementary: 15 nominations
6. Lee Elementary: 13 nominations
7. Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance: 8 nominations
8. Waller Creek Elementary: 8 nominations
9. Dr. Frances J. Nesmith Elementary School: 7 nominations
10. Guy Bizzell Elementary: 6 nominations
Mediaite reported that other suggestions included, “Adam Lanza’s School of Fun, Bee Movie, Bleeding Heart Liberal Elementary, Boaty McBoatface Elementary School, Forgetting the Past Dooms You to Repeat It Elementary, Garfunkel, Hypothetical Perfect Person Memorial Elementary School, John Cena Elementary and Schooly McSchoolerson.”