Quantcast
Connect with us

Infant overcomes seizures after becoming youngest patient to take cannabis oil

Published

on

An infant is back home after traveling with her family to Colorado, where she became the youngest patient to be treated with a controversial cannabis oil.

Amylea Nunez suffered from frequent and debilitating seizures that sometimes prevented her from waking up for a full day, and she was diagnosed shortly after her December birth with a rare form of epilepsy, reported KRQE-TV.

“There’s times were she would only wake up every other day,” said her father, Ernie Nunez. “Just sitting there while she’s having a seizure, it’s horrible and there’s nothing you can do. The worst one was an hour long.”

Doctors prescribed eight different medications for the newborn infant, but her condition remained relatively unchanged.

Amylea was flown from New Mexico to a hospital in Aurora, Colorado, where the baby’s parents begged doctors to prescribe cannabis oil.

Doctors were reluctant to give the drug to such a young patient, but they eventually agreed — although physicians wouldn’t administer cannabis oil themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Amylea began cannabis oil at two months old, and she lifted her head for the first time three months later.

“It was kind of like I could tell the doctors, ‘Look what she’s capable of,’ compared to them saying she’s never going to be able to hold up her head,” said her mother, Nicole Nunez.

She came back home to Albuquerque last week, at six months old, and her family said the baby still requires special care.

“We still have to get her back to eating by mouth because the seizures did so much to her ability to be able to actually take a bottle like a normal baby,” said Ernie Nunez.

ADVERTISEMENT

The family is applying for a medical marijuana card in New Mexico, and they hope to change state laws to help other children suffering from seizures.

Amylea is still taking a hemp oil called Haleigh’s Hope, and she and her family must still return to Colorado for checkups.

Her parents encouraged others to consider cannabis oil to treat some childhood illnesses.

“Always speak up for your kids,” said Nicole Nunez. “I’m very glad I fought.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch this video report posted online by KRQE-TV:

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Longtime Ohio news anchor retires after dispute with Sinclair Broadcasting over forced pro-Trump commentaries

Published

on

Rob Braun, a fixture on local Cincinnati television for over 35 years, is retiring after stating it was "time to move on" because "I don't fit well with the Sinclair News model," reports WVXU.

The reports states that Braun -- the dean of Cincinnati's WKRC news broadcasting -- made the comments on his Facebook page and assured loyal fans that he was not fired by the conservative news organization.

In a Facebook post, he wrote: "I want you to know that I am not retiring. Ch 12 is NOT forcing me out. In fact, they offered me a generous contract. I am choosing to leave. There is no 'real story but .... Sometimes in life, you just know, it's time to move on. I don't feel I fit well with the Sinclair News model."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Alex Jones attacks Sandy Hook families’ lawyer as a ‘little white Jewboy’ in latest unhinged outburst

Published

on

Alex Jones is dealing with ongoing legal battles with families of victims and survivors of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

Jones is being accused of sending child pornography to the families and leading an ongoing attack on the families using his InfoWars network. However, his legal defense seems to hinge on attacking the plaintiffs' attorney, AboveTheLaw reported Thursday.

It was the child pornography that prompted Jones to lose his mind over attorney Chris Mattei. During the discovery phase of the trial, Mattei found the images and contacted the FBI, which he is required to do by law. But it sent Jones into an outright ragegasm in a video that was shown in court.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump ridiculed for babbling Oval Office talk about ‘manned drones’: We call those ‘planes’

Published

on

During a press availability in the Oval Office with Canadian Prime Minister, Donald Trump was naturally asked about Iran reportedly shooting down a U.S. drone in international airspace, which led to the president rambling in the way he does about what a drone is and does.

His explanation was not what one might call knowledgeable or smooth.

“I think probably Iran made a mistake,” the president replied when asked about the international incident. “I would imagine it was a general or somebody that made a mistake in shooting that drone down. Fortunately, that drone was unarmed. There was no man in it and there was no — it was just — it was over international waters, clearly over international waters, but we didn’t have a man or woman in the drone. We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference."

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

Investigating Trump's henchmen is a full time job, and I'm trying to bring in new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have more stories coming you'll love. Join me and help restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link

Investigating Trump is a full-time job, and I want to add new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have stories coming you'll love. Join me and go ad-free, while restoring the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link