Quantcast
Connect with us

NRA breaks its silence and blames ‘Obama administration’s political correctness’ for Orlando shooting

Published

on

Almost two days after a 29-year-old man killed 49 people and wounded over 50 more using a high-powered AR-15 and handgun in an Orlando nightclub, the NRA has broken its silence on the tragedy that shocked the nation.

Using USA Today as a pulpit, former congressman and current executive director of the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action Chris Cox unsurprisingly laid the blame for the shooting on the Obama administration.

ADVERTISEMENT

After briefly condemning that attack, Cox turned to condemning what he called “political correctness” that he believes allowed former security contractor Omar Mateen to open fire on a crowded nightclub dance floor.

According to the NRA, lawmakers who want to put in place more effective gun control laws are “desperate to create the illusion that they’re doing something to protect us.”

“This transparent head-fake should scare every American, because it will do nothing to prevent the next attack,” Cox wrote. “The terrorist in Orlando had been investigated multiple times by the FBI. He had a government-approved security guard license with a contractor for the Department of Homeland Security. Yet his former co-workers reported violent and racist comments. Unfortunately, the Obama administration’s political correctness prevented anything from being done about it.”

Cox omitted the NRA’s stance against proposed legislation that would have prevented suspected terrorists from legally buying guns — a bill that was shot down by Republicans last December.

Disregarding gun related attacks at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 that claimed the lives of 26, including 20 six-year-old children, and the 2013 Virginia Tech shooting by a student that took 32 lives — the previous record holder for a mass shooting in the U.S. — Cox instead said lawmakers should instead focus on Islamic extremists.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s time for us to admit that radical Islam is a hate crime waiting to happen. The only way to defeat them is to destroy them — not destroy the right of law-abiding Americans to defend ourselves,” Cox wrote.

 

 


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘Another hoax’: Trump whines and rambles about Supreme Court and New York in latest meeting

Published

on

After spending most of the day whining on Twitter, President Donald Trump spoke to the press from the White House Thursday afternoon to call questions about his taxes and financial documents a "witch hunt."

Trump has used the term to reference the Russia scandal, the Ukraine scandal, cases against Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, his friend Roger Stone and any other topics he chooses on any given day.

"Do you have a reaction to the Supreme Court rulings today?" asked a reporter that sounded like CNN's Kaitlan Collins.

"The rulings we're basically starting all over again," Trump said. "This is a political witch-hunt... it's a witch-hunt, it's a hoax, just like the Mueller investigation... this is purely political..."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Ron DeSantis is secretly sabotaging Florida’s efforts to court the Republican National Convention: report

Published

on

After President Trump threatened to pull the Republican National Convention out of Charlotte, North Carolina, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis launched a push to bring the convention to his state. But according to a report from The New York Times, DeSantis is now hindering his state's efforts to bring in the event.

"Mr. DeSantis, a Republican, has directed his top fund-raiser, Heather Barker, to tell donors not to give to the convention because of a personal dispute between the governor and Susie Wiles, his former campaign manager who is serving as an informal adviser to the convention planners, according to multiple people familiar with his actions," the Times' Annie Karni and Patricia Mazzei write.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Kayleigh McEnany has railed against recipients of government assistance — but her parents received $1-2 million in PPP loans: report

Published

on

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany has been highly critical of Americans who receive any type of government assistance and isn’t shy about expressing her disdain for “welfare recipients.” But McEnany’s parents, according to data released by the Small Business Administration earlier this week, received millions of dollars in loans from the Paycheck Protection Program.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image