Former Trump campaign boss Corey Lewandowski was unceremoniously dumped last month after he reportedly spent much of the time sparring with current Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
In the wake of the plagiarism controversy in Melania Trump’s speech on Monday evening, Lewandowski couldn’t resist using his platform on CNN to knife his former rival.
In discussing the speech, which clearly lifted at least a full paragraph from a speech Michelle Obama gave in 2008, Lewandowski said that whoever gave Melania’s speech the final sign off ought to resign from the campaign.
But then he took it a step further: When the CNN hosts ask if the person responsible for the speech should resign even if it’s Paul Manafort, Lewandowski didn’t hesitate.
“I think, if it was Paul Manafort, he’d do the right thing and resign,” Lewandowski said. “If he was the last person who saw this, and saw this happen, and has brought this on the candidate’s wife, I think he’d resign.”
Check out the full clip below.
On CNN, Lewandowski says Manafort should resign if he signed off on Melania Trump speech. pic.twitter.com/rpUn4SWdrE
— Michael Calderone (@mlcalderone) July 19, 2016
Trump approves of North Korea missile tests: ‘I have no problem’ because they’re just ‘short-range missiles’
On Thursday, in conversation with reporters, President Donald Trump said that he had 'no problem' with North Korea's new round of missile tests.
"Short-range missiles, we never made an agreement on that," said Trump. "I have no problem, we'll see what happens, but these are short-range missiles. They're very standard."
The thought that short-range missiles would still be capable of hitting our allies in the region, like South Korea and Japan, does not seem to have occurred to him.
Trump says he has "no problem" with North Korea testing missiles because they are just "short-range missiles" that are "very standard." pic.twitter.com/fdKtQ6yrBE
Russian Twitter propaganda predicted 2016 US election polls
But one conclusion was unequivocal: Russia unleashed an extensive campaign of fake news and disinformation on social media with the aim of distorting U.S. public opinion, sowing discord and swinging the election in favor of the Republican candidate Donald Trump.
Beto O’Rourke calls for a ‘war tax’ in release of health care plan for veterans
The Democratic presidential candidate uses his eighth policy announcement to focus on an area that he prioritized in Congress.
Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke on Monday morning released a plan to improve the lives of veterans, returning to an area of priority during his time in the U.S. House for his latest 2020 policy rollout.
In keeping with measures he supported in Congress, the plan calls for a "responsible end" to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — reinvesting $1 out of every $2 saved in veterans programs — and the creation of a Veterans Health Care Trust Fund for each future war. The fund would be paid for by a "war tax" on households without service members or veterans.