Quantcast
Connect with us

A woman was sexually assaulted during sci-fi event Dragon Con for the second year in a row

Published

on

An Atlanta woman says she was sexually assaulted while watching a parade during Dragon Con.

The woman posted a photo on her Facebook page of a man who she says pressed his exposed genitals against her during the Saturday morning event, reported the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“I felt someone standing super close behind me — yes, it was crowded — but his crotch was completely against me, so I turned around and looked down and his ENTIRE PENIS was out of his pants up against me,” the woman said in a Facebook post shared more than 7,700 times. “I called him out and starting screaming and hitting him, so he got scared and ran away, but the girl next to me got these pictures of him — so ATL folks if you know this man or see him anywhere any information would be great.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The woman said another bystander worked for the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office and promised to help her press charges once the man is identified.

She told police the man assaulted her between 10:45 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at the intersection of Andrew Young International Boulevard and Peachtree Center Avenue.

Organizers of the science-fiction event said the suspect has been identified, but police said the man has not yet been arrested.

Another woman reported last year at Dragon Con that a man wearing an “FBI” hat had sexually assaulted her as she experienced dizziness and confusion after consuming an alcoholic drink mixed by her husband.

ADVERTISEMENT

Police identified Gary Hood as the suspect in that assault after the woman pointed him out to a friend, who complimented his convention costume and asked him to pose for a photo.

Hood was arrested later that month and charged with aggravated sexual battery and misdemeanor sexual battery.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Rudy Giuliani’s henchmen claim executive privilege concerns in first court appearance

Published

on

Rudy Giuliani's henchmen appeared in court on campaign finance violations, and they may attempt to claim evidence in the case is protected by executive privilege.

Ukrainian-American businessmen Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, who were arrested earlier this month on their way out of the country on one-way tickets, pleaded not guilty Wednesday in their first court appearance, according to Courthouse News.

Prosecutors told the court they had issued subpoenas for 50 bank accounts related to the pair.

But an attorney for Parnas told the judge there may be concerns to sort out related to executive privilege due to their relationship with Giuliani, who serves as President Donald Trump's personal attorney.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Ukraine blows up key Trump defense: Top officials knew of military aid freeze before it became public

Published

on

Top Ukrainian officials were alerted in early August that $391 million in U.S. military aid had been frozen as President Donald Trump sought to pressure the country to investigate Joe Biden.

That undercuts the president's latest defense arguing that the foreign ally couldn't have felt pressured because Ukraine was not yet aware that the aid had been frozen, reported the New York Times.

Former Ukraine ambassador Bill Taylor told Congress on Tuesday that the freeze was directly related to Trump's demand for an announcement that Biden was under investigation.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump attorney shocks judge by claiming president could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue: ‘Nothing could be done’

Published

on

William Consovoy, an attorney for President Donald Trump, argued in court on Wednesday that President Donald Trump is immune from prosecution if he literally shoots someone on Fifth Avenue.

In a hearing before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan, Consovoy took the position that Trump is immune from a subpoena for his financial records, which are being investigated by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr.

At one point, Judge Denny Chin asked Consovoy about what he called the "Fifth Avenue example," referring to a Trump claim that he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image