Quantcast
Connect with us

Grim murder scene described in California ‘furry’ murder case

Published

on

Police investigating 911 calls from a home linked to Southern California’s “furry” dress-up community found two young girls standing on the front porch, three slain bodies inside and a blood-spattered dog, court papers on Tuesday showed.

The documents, published by the Orange County Register, shed new light on the shotgun killings in late September of 39-year-old Jennifer Goodwill-Yost, a woman local media described as popular among the Orange County furry subculture, her husband Christopher Yost, 34, and friend Arthur “Billy” Boucher, 28.

Reuters was not immediately able to obtain a copy of the court documents.

Two men who local media say also have ties to the furry fandom, 21-year-old Joshua Acosta and Frank Felix, 25, were arrested and charged with three counts of first-degree murder.

The furry subculture consists of people drawn to anthropomorphic creatures, interacting as their animal identities online and attending conventions dressed in so-called “fursuits.”

According to search warrant affidavits filed on the day of the murder and published on Tuesday, police were called to the beige, one-story home in Fullerton by a child who said that her parents were dead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Officers arrived to find two girls, aged six and nine, standing on the front porch, the affidavits show. Inside, one of the male victims was dead on the couch, a gunshot wound to his head.

In the bedroom, the officers discovered the body of Goodwill-Yost in a bed, also dead from a shotgun blast, the report said.

The remains of the second male victim were found just outside a doorway to the backyard, with wounds that the officers initially mistook for blunt force trauma, the documents show.

Evidence collected by forensic scientists at the home included items of clothing, shotgun pellets, an orange backpack and swabs of blood from various places, including the door of a Dodge van in the garage and a dog’s back.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the hours after the murders were discovered police initially said that Goodwill-Yost’s 17-year-old daughter, Katlynn Goodwill-Yost, had gone missing.

Following the arrests of Acosta, a U.S. Army private based in Texas, and Felix, of Los Angeles, police said Katlynn Goodwill-Yost had been found safe and that an unnamed 17-year-old girl had been taken into custody in connection with the crime.

Authorities declined to say if Katlynn Goodwill-Yost was the third suspect arrested, saying state law barred disclosure of such information about juveniles.

The teen, whose social media pages are replete with pictures of her dressed in animal costumes, has not been charged in the case.

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

CNN

‘Out of his depth’: Trump holding back on Iran because he understands it’s harder than ‘swinging’ at a primary foe

Published

on

During a discussion on news that Iran has shot down a U.S. drone over international airspace on CNN, New York Times White House correspondent Maggie Haberman explained that Donald Trump is in no rush to respond militarily because, for once, he knows he's "out of his depth."

Speaking with hosts John Berman and Alisyn Camerota, Habermann said that the president will likely get advice from national security adviser John Bolton to push back militarily, but that Trump doesn't seem interested in taking on as large a task as going to war.

"He usually responds to a provocation when it's a smaller thing that he can punch and knock down," Haberman explained. "He's pretty aware he can't actually do that with Iran. So I don't think you're going to see the typical, you know, as if he were swinging back at a primary foe. I think he is going to actually be a little more careful in what he says."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Nightmare scenario: Trump could lose by 5 million votes — but still win re-election by one electoral vote

Published

on

President Donald Trump could potentially win re-election next year by a single electoral vote.

In that nightmare scenario for Democrats, the president could lose the popular vote -- again -- but still narrowly eke out an electoral win by holding onto four states he carried in 2016, reported Axios.

Even if Democrats flip Michigan and Pennsylvania, increase their vote totals in California and come close to winning Texas -- which could give them 5 million more votes than Trump -- their candidate could still lose if Trump narrowly wins Arizona, Florida, North Carolina and Wisconsin.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Hope Hicks’ latest obstruction just gave the Democrats a major weapon: report

Published

on

Hope Hicks didn't provide much information for Democrats in her testimony before the House Judiciary Committee -- but she may have cracked the stone wall the White House has built around former staffers.

President Donald Trump's former communications director -- and perhaps his most trusted aide outside his family -- claimed blanket immunity throughout her closed-door testimony, but Hicks still gave Democrats something in their legal battle against the White House, argued Margaret Carlson for The Daily Beast.

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

Investigating Trump's henchmen is a full time job, and I'm trying to bring in new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have more stories coming you'll love. Join me and help restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link

Investigating Trump is a full-time job, and I want to add new team members to do more exclusive reports. We have stories coming you'll love. Join me and go ad-free, while restoring the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

TAKE A LOOK
close-link