Quantcast
Connect with us

Oklahoma teen gets probation for raping three boys at group home and trying to assault another

Published

on

An Oklahoma teen accused of raping three other boys and attempting to assault a fourth will avoid prison as part of a plea agreement.

Cato James Mashburn pleaded no contest Monday to four counts of first-degree rape and attempted first-degree rape and given lengthy but suspended sentences and place on probation, reported The Ada News.

The 17-year-old, who case was bound over to adult court last year, was sentenced to 25 years on three of the rape charges and 20 years on the fourth, in addition to 22.5 years for attempted rape — but all of those sentences were suspended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mashburn must complete a youthful offender program with sex offender treatment while he remains in custody of juvenile affairs, and then he will be released on two years of supervised probation.

He will then be placed on unsupervised probation for the remainder of the 25-year sentence.

Mashburn, then 16, was arrested last year after a 14-year-old boy accused him in June 2015 of attempting to sexually assault him at the Cypress Group Home.

The victim said Mashburn inappropriately touched him, and the boy ran away fearful that the older teen would punch or knock him out.

Investigators found three other teens who accused Mashburn of raping them at the group home between fall 2014 and June 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Police responded to dozens of calls at the Cypress Group Home, which closed this summer, since it opened in June 2014.

A 14-year-old girl who lived at the facility was charged in December 2014 with raping another female resident and sentenced in June to a 15-year suspended prison term.

Adriana Wilson, now 17, is currently being held at a juvenile facility, but she will be released, like Mashburn, when she is 18 years old and placed on probation.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Franklin Graham tells Jeanine Pirro coronavirus pandemic is because of people sinning

Published

on

Franklin Graham blamed sinners for the COVID-19 coronavirus epidemic during a Saturday night appearance on Fox News.

Host Jeanine Pirro noted the growing death toll and wondered how God could let that happen.

"Well, I don't think it's God's plan for this to happen," Graham said.

"It's because of the sin that's in the world, judge," he argued.

"Man has turned his back on God, we have sinned against him, and we need to ask for God's forgiveness and that's what Easter's all about," he continued.

"This pandemic, this is the result of a fallen world that has turned its back on God," he added.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Drought causing water shortage amid coronavirus crisis in Chile

Published

on

With historically low river flows and reservoirs running dry due to drought, people in central Chile have found themselves particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus pandemic.

Years of resource exploitation and lax legislation have allowed most reservoirs in that part of the country to run dry.

"There are now 400,000 families, nearly 1.5 million people approximately, whose supply of 50 liters of water a day depends on tankers," Rodrigo Mundaca, spokesman for the Movement for the Defense of Water, the Earth and the Protection of the Environment, told AFP.

One of the main pieces of advice to protect people against coronavirus is to wash your hands regularly.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump warns of ‘tough week’ ahead — after the United States surpassed 300,000 coronavirus victims

Published

on

US President Donald Trump warned Americans on Saturday to brace for a "very horrendous" number of coronavirus deaths in the coming days as the total number of global fatalities from the pandemic soared past 60,000.

As confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States surpassed 300,000 with more than 8,300 deaths, there was some encouraging news in Italy and Spain.

Europe continues to bear the brunt of the epidemic, however, accounting for over 45,000 of the worldwide deaths, and Britain reported a new daily high in fatalities.

There are now more than 1.17 million confirmed coronavirus cases around the world and there have been 63,437 deaths since the virus emerged in China late last year.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image