Quantcast
Connect with us

Sandy Hook ‘truther’ pleads not guilty of death threats against slain boy’s father

Published

on

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A woman accused of sending death threats to the father of a boy killed in the Sandy Hook school shooting told investigators she was motivated by anger after browsing websites that promote false conspiracy theories, prosecutors said. At a hearing Monday in federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Lucy Richards, 57, of Brandon,…

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘Hell no’: Texans join forces to stop Trump from stealing their land

Published

on

President Donald Trump's pledge to build a wall at the southern border with Mexico has been a huge winner with his base. But there is one group of people who are not happy: the Texans who actually live in the region where the wall would be built.

According to the Washington Post, many people in the region have no intention of letting the federal government seize their land to construct the wall, like Afghanistan war veteran Salvador Castillo of Brownsville, who received a letter from officials demanding unlimited access to and use of his land, which gradually escalated into a lawsuit.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Pearl Harbor veteran to be interred on sunken ship

Published

on

It was an attack that shaped history, leaving more than 2,400 Americans dead and forcing the United States to enter a war it had been reluctant to join.

On Saturday, the 78th anniversary of the 1941 sneak attack by Japan on Pearl Harbor, the remains of one of the survivors of the assault will be interred on his sunken ship, the USS Arizona.

Lauren Bruner, who was among the last sailors rescued from the Arizona as it exploded into flames and sank, died in September at age 98.

He had expressed in years past his wish to be buried alongside fellow sailors who died on that fateful day.

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

Suspect swallows poison after verdict in French murder case

Published

on

The suspect for the rape and murder of a young woman in northern France almost two decades ago was under guard in hospital Saturday after he swallowed pesticide in an apparent suicide bid following his conviction.

Willy Bardon, on trial over the murder of Elodie Kulik in 2002 in a case that has attracted strong interest in France for years, ingested the substance at the courthouse in the northern city of Amiens late on Friday.

Bardon had been sentenced to 30 years jail for kidnapping and holding a person against their will followed by death. He was however acquitted of murder.

Continue Reading